My PB just died (Won't recharge, shows 0% while plugged in and gives me a countdown when unplug). I bought my PB from staples around day 1 and I'm wondering if they will replace my broken PB, or if I have to go through RIM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 09:51 PM
    Go through RIM. Staples or any other retailer are not going to do anything for you after several months.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    10-20-11 09:53 PM
    Are you sure, or are you guessing?

10-20-11 10:07 PM
    The retailers wont do squat for you past 30 days normally. You might find a generous salesperson though.
    Last edited by howarmat; 10-20-11 at 10:24 PM.
    10-20-11 10:10 PM
    Staples has a generous return policy of 14 days+no restocking fee compared to the competition. After the 14 day period the "warranty" is with Rim
    10-20-11 10:10 PM
    I wonder if they would accept mine if I just walked right across the street to deliver it in person. Hmm.
    10-20-11 10:11 PM
    How do I contact RIM about this? Is there a phone number someone can give me?

10-20-11 10:13 PM
    Did you buy the extended warranty? If so you can take it back and they should replace for you on the spot, for 2 years after purchase.
    10-20-11 10:21 PM

US: 1-877-644-8410
    CAN: 1-877-644-8405
    10-20-11 10:21 PM
    Thanks guys!

Has anyone gone through this with a similar issue? Will I have to be without a PB for long?

I just wanna know what the process is if anyone knows.

Ill be giving out my "Thanks" tomorrow, I'm on my phone and the wap version of the site doesn't allow that....

10-20-11 10:28 PM
    Thanks guys!

Has anyone gone through this with a similar issue? Will I have to be without a PB for long?

I just wanna know what the process is if anyone knows.

Ill be giving out my "Thanks" tomorrow, I'm on my phone and the wap version of the site doesn't allow that....

I havent, but here's a recent thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ations-652136/
    10-20-11 10:35 PM
    Well, last night I couldn't unplug my PB (said it was at 0% for at least 2 hours). However, when I woke up in the morning it was fully charged and working (although completely wiped and somehow my last couple backups are gone from my computer!

Anyways, i'm starting from scratch here which would be fine and dandy except for the fact that my old laptop that had ALL my music on it (60+ gigs) was stolen and all I had left of that music was on my PB.....
    10-21-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD