Just wonder if anyone who is buying the Playbook will be buying the staples warranty. I myself have never purchased a warranty for a Blackberry product but is this different should I. What do you think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 09:45 PM
    If you have a credit card that extends your warranty then that is your best bet. I worked for staples many years ago and the waranty is really just a money grab. I am not worrying about the extra warranty as I have never had a problem with any of my BB (that wasn't caused by me).
    03-28-11 09:48 PM
    Cool but how does the accidental coverage work eg drops and scracthes I take it back broken or lost.

04-01-11 11:20 PM
    I heard Staples is impossible with screen replacements
    04-01-11 11:51 PM
    Damm see is it really worth for 150 bucks extra.

04-02-11 12:33 AM
    Damm see is it really worth for 150 bucks extra.

Warranties are personal choices. I've had both good and bad experiences.

My son bought an extended warranty at Office Depot for a laptop and had nothing but trouble with both the laptop and warranty. Even though we followed all the criteria, they still refused to replace it. Wasn't until dad called the store manager a few colourful names in front of the staff and customers that we got our money back.

Had the extended warranty on another son's fancy mp3 player he bought at Staples. He sat on it and cracked the screen. I called them up and they said, "good news and bad news". We can't replaced the mp3 player cause we don't carry that model anymore. We'll give you a better, newer one instead. No questions asked, just bring the old one in.

So yes, I did buy the extended warranty at Staples. I figure if I do break the pb in the next three years, it will be replaced with the latest generation. And that's not a bad thing either.

Good luck with your decision. Your money. Your choice.
    04-02-11 11:03 AM
    Thanks sounds good. Ill be pre ordering on Tuesday and ill get the warranty. Nice lol.

04-02-11 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD