Staples seems to be showing preorder availability about a week earlier than Best Buy. 4/11 vs 4/19. RIM says it will be available on April 19.

My guess is that the different retailers have slightly different automated formulas to figure the estimate delivery date, but - in reality - everyone will get them at the same time.

Of course, the free shipping from Staples is a bit of a bonus. Also, Staples uses their own delivery trucks - at least in my area. In the past I have received my Staples orders same day or next day - so probably a bit faster than free shipping received through UPS ground, Smartpost or USPS. Staples also seems to have a bit better return policy. Just my $0.02.

Disappointed that it isn't available through Amazon.com - my favorite retailer for such things.
    03-22-11 08:03 AM
    The key word is "Expected" delivery date. I seriously doubt that Staples will be getting these in peoples hands 8 days before Best Buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 08:09 AM
    Yes, seems odd when the press release has best buy mentioned everywhere and not much for staples.
    03-22-11 08:16 AM
    Well if rim says 19th then it is that. I think these other dates are bogus.

03-22-11 08:20 AM
    4/19 on blackberry fb and twitter sigh.

03-22-11 08:38 AM
    Best Buy lists...

What's Included
    BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
    Owner's manual

So no cords (power, USB, HDMI etc) or simple case etc?
    03-22-11 08:54 AM
    Best Buy lists...

What's Included
    Owner's manual

FutureShop.ca preorder page says it'll include data cable / wall charger.
    03-22-11 08:55 AM
    Best Buy lists...

What's Included
    Owner's manual

That would be silly. Charger and USB cable at the very least.
    03-22-11 09:02 AM
    Staples in Houston, TX said they will be receiving them next week (?!?!)

03-22-11 09:03 AM
    Staples in Houston, TX said they will be receiving them next week (?!?!)

you called em??
    03-22-11 09:05 AM
    you called em??
    Yes. There are several staple locations in Houston. The easiest for me to get to is the one on Gessner rd. So I called that location.

They said they have it on their manifest they, at that location mind you, will receive it next week. Monday and Tuesday are their shipment receiving days and the csr said call Tuesday evening, no earlier, because it takes them that long to "break down a shipment". Easy to understand, imagine a tractor trailer full of merchandise.

03-22-11 09:25 AM
    whos the one who said trust CX!!!

CX said 'Much earlier... march' hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Just saying and for the record, Ive always guessed april.
    03-22-11 09:28 AM
    I guessed April too.

I was wrong.

Yea not all locations get products on the same day, and we were told it would be a staggered launch, but there are locations getting them next week so I call this a success at making Q1 launch.

I....... Must eat crow.

03-22-11 09:33 AM
    I guessed April too.

I was wrong.

Yea not all locations get products on the same day, and we were told it would be a staggered launch, but there are locations getting them next week so I call this a success at making Q1 launch.

I....... Must eat crow.

i don't think you do. you were right..

April 19 is the official launch date. hopefully some locations get it sooner but april 19 should be the date we use..

i wonder why every prediction got it wrong (april 10 BGR)? sounds like it may have been a last minute delay perhaps.
    03-22-11 09:40 AM

April 19 is the official launch date. hopefully some locations get it sooner but april 19 should be the date we use..

i wonder why every prediction got it wrong (april 10 BGR)? sounds like it may have been a last minute delay perhaps.
    Oh, okay, but maybe they are calling April 19th the "official launch date" because that is when the largest bulk of inventory hits the stores? I dunno.

But I will give them credit still because, essentially, this means that if you want one bad enough, you can get it before the end of March. Me? Houston is driving distance and I have no qualms about driving to get it 3 weeks earlier.

I am happy to be disappointed.

03-22-11 09:45 AM

not all predictions were wrong....sirhil told use many days ago it was the 19th, and for some reason i believed it cause he was very quiet about that after he said it, like someone told him to zip his lips
    03-22-11 09:50 AM
    not all predictions were wrong....sirhil told use many days ago it was the 19th, and for some reason i believed it cause he was very quiet about that after he said it, like someone told him to zip his lips
    Yea remember, staggered launch.

So the March 28, April 10, nearly all the predictions were right in their own way.

03-22-11 10:08 AM
    Will wait for initial release, then about a month or two for comments...But am still excited about this new product.
    03-22-11 10:10 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen an "Official" launch date...the press release(which is specifically talking about bestbuy preorders) states it will be available at BB 4/19:

"It is scheduled to be available from all Best Buy stores and Best Buy Mobile stores in the US, as well as Best Buy and Future Shop* stores in Canada, on April 19"

Which could mean other stores are getting it at different times...possibly earlier.
    03-22-11 11:49 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen an "Official" launch date...the press release(which is specifically talking about bestbuy preorders) states it will be available at BB 4/19:

"It is scheduled to be available from all Best Buy stores and Best Buy Mobile stores in the US, as well as Best Buy and Future Shop* stores in Canada, on April 19"

Which could mean other stores are getting it at different times...possibly earlier.
    been tweeted by Blackberry several times that 4/19 is the date
    03-22-11 11:51 AM

Apparently 4/19 is the official launch date but yes, you can get it earlier. Staples is accepting oreorders and you will get it no later than 4/11.

A few locations near me claim they will have it next week

03-22-11 12:13 PM
    I feel Best Buy might be a better date solely because if you go to Blackberry.com you will see as Best Buy as their primary retailer. I don't see why RIM would ship to staples first when they are advertising Best Buy on their web page. Even if you click the pre-order tab on the page it will link straight to best buy not staples, so careful with pre-orders seems like best buy has a stronger foot in rims door.
    03-22-11 04:18 PM
    staples canada release date is definitely april 19.
    and they are accepting preorders (must pay full price) tomorrow (march 23)
    03-22-11 06:10 PM
    Apparently 4/19 is the official launch date but yes, you can get it earlier. Staples is accepting oreorders and you will get it no later than 4/11.

A few locations near me claim they will have it next week

(From Staples preorder page)

I swear, I don't know how illiterates can feign literacy so well on this forum.
    03-23-11 02:15 AM
    (From Staples preorder page)

I swear, I don't know how illiterates can feign literacy so well on this forum.
    The original page from yesterday morning stated that it would arrive no late than April 11th. Looks like RIM has caught on and has notified Staples to state April 19th.
    03-23-11 03:01 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD