@dsquared2

Yeah, that's what I suspected. While it would be nice to get my PB on 4/11, I'll settle for 4/19. But if it's later than that...

just keep telling yourself it's only 2 weeks, next tuesday you can tell yourself only a week
    04-05-11 03:49 PM
    Just had that same chat with another Staples rep, who also said shipment should remain as 4/11.

I think I'll just go ahead and get my hopes up hahaha
    04-05-11 04:18 PM
    Just had that same chat with another Staples rep, who also said shipment should remain as 4/11.

I think I'll just go ahead and get my hopes up hahaha
    From Staples:

Pre-order your BlackBerry� PlayBook� Tablet by April 17th, 2011 to reserve one of these limited quantity tablets. Product will ship between April 18th and April 20th. Expected delivery: 1 - 3 business days, arriving no earlier than April 19th 2011. Your credit card will be charged at shipment.
    Remember, these PlayBooks are shipped from the vendor, aka RIM. They're not giving it to them early. They probably get them April 16-17th (from above) so they can sort who pre-ordered and how many to order for in store/warehouse stock on top of what the have to ship out to pre-orders whether in store or online.
    04-05-11 04:26 PM
    From Staples:

Remember, these PlayBooks are shipped from the vendor, aka RIM. They're not giving it to them early. They probably get them April 16-17th (from above) so they can sort who pre-ordered and how many to order for in store/warehouse stock on top of what the have to ship out to pre-orders whether in store or online.
    I would agree except that RIM is not shipping to each Staples Store. They are going to Staples distribution center and then Staples will send to each store. Based on my talks with Staples they get delivery on Saturdays. So they should get them delivered April 16th. They will be Staples distribution center at least 1 week earlier so maybe they will ship out on 4/11.

Just my thinking and logic
    04-05-11 04:36 PM
    I would agree except that RIM is not shipping to each Staples Store. They are going to Staples distribution center and then Staples will send to each store. Based on my talks with Staples they get delivery on Saturdays. So they should get them delivered April 16th. They will be Staples distribution center at least 1 week earlier so maybe they will ship out on 4/11.

Just my thinking and logic
    I understand that. Unless Staples is begging for a lawsuit to bring them to their knees financially, they will not be releasing the PlayBook that early. They would get in so much trouble.
    04-05-11 04:47 PM
    True but the problem is if people don't have their pre-ordered PBs on April 19th then most people will just go to a store and pick one up. What's the point of pre-ordering if we arnt going to get them first?

I understand that. Unless Staples is begging for a lawsuit to bring them to their knees financially, they will not be releasing the PlayBook that early. They would get in so much trouble.
    04-05-11 04:59 PM
    I keep going back and forth on cancelling and just trying to pick one up on the 19th. I think I'll wait another week or so and hopefully we'll have more information by then. I am worried many of the initial in store tablets will just be 16 gb and I want a 64 gb version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 05:03 PM
    True but the problem is if people don't have their pre-ordered PBs on April 19th then most people will just go to a store and pick one up. What's the point of pre-ordering if we arnt going to get them first?
    Some of us work and having it delivered is more convenient.
    04-05-11 05:04 PM
    I don't have time to stop by a store. That's why stores do product shipping to homes. And getting them first is a matter of a day, we made it 7 months. A day of shipping isn't a problem. Who knows, a lot of tablets could arrive on 4/19.
    04-05-11 05:07 PM
    I also ordered within a few hours of it going on sale and have a 4/11 ETA. Mine still says "order processing" and has not been cancelled.
    And now my status is "cancelled" - Yay!

I will be absolutely amazed if this actually shows up. Staples has done a **** poor job handling these preorders. I have zero confidence.

I guess my pre-order is really a back-up plan. I will try to buy one in-store on the 19th, and if I end up with two, I will just return the pre-order. Staples has really made a mess of this.

For some reason, every other company with a preorder product figures out a way to get it delivered to you the day of release - not a half-week later.
    04-05-11 05:41 PM
    I have finally been inducted into the Cancelled Order Club. I have received no communication from them. How is this competent customer service??? If this is their usual procedure they should let the customer know what the heck is going on!!!!
    04-05-11 06:05 PM
    I have finally been inducted into the Cancelled Order Club. I have received no communication from them. How is this competent customer service??? If this is their usual procedure they should let the customer know what the heck is going on!!!!
    They've never done pre-orders before, so there's no usual procedure set yet. apparently soon enough your preorder will be waiting shipment soon/processing
    04-05-11 06:08 PM
    They've never done pre-orders before, so there's no usual procedure set yet. apparently soon enough your preorder will be waiting shipment soon/processing

I get that this is new for them. But, it boggles my mind that no one at Staples has said "You know, we should send out emails to all these people so they don't freak out when they see their order status as cancelled".

I know I will get my PB. I just think Staples could have and should have handled this differently.
    04-05-11 06:29 PM
    Agreed. At least we know about this whole thing, but for those who don't...I'm sure they're getting a lot of calls/emails.
    04-05-11 06:35 PM
    Maybe for some people, but some staples stores are opening at 12am so people can pick them up then, or before work, at lunch, or after work

Most of us just want them ASAP!

Some of us work and having it delivered is more convenient.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-11 07:48 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD