- CrackBerry Abuser
- 313 Posts
Staples employee can't praise the playbook enough
I went in to my local Staples last night to pick up some charging pods at the great sale price (I bought 3) and when I was standing there deciding just how many to get, a Staples employee (I'll call him Steve) asked if he could help me with anything. I told Steve I was glad to see more charging pods in as I had been disappointed earlier to see they had all sold out.
Well Steve went on a tangent telling me just how fab the playbook was. His favourite feature is flash. Told me last Christmas he bought one for his father-in-law and he hasn't put it down since. Steve said he preferred it over his iPad for pretty much the same reasons many here do: its easier to carry around, easier to transfer files, has flash and of course bridge.
It was just nice to go in to a big box store and hear an employee love their playbook too.
- 01-03-13, 02:42 PM #5
Is this in Staples Canada? I will swing by the Staples nearby to see if they have any...
- 01-03-13, 05:16 PM #6
Saw this thread earlier today so I figured i'd stop by staples on my way home and see what the deals were.. Holy $#it! I picked up :
- a new convertible case, regular 49.99 now 14.97
- a rapid charger, regular i think 59.99 now 9.97
- a rapid charging pod, regular i think 74.99 now 14.97
Screaming good deals to be had on these and other playbooks accessories BUT these aren't sales.. they are clearance.. makes you wonder, does staples know something we don't like maybe there is some truth to rumors of a new playbook and the current model being discontinued? I hope not.. but these are odd writedowns for accessories that are expected to work with a tablet that should be receiving renewed vigor with BB10 next month..
- 01-03-13, 05:22 PM #7BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
- 01-03-13, 05:30 PM #8
My limited knowledge of the staples inventory system is that it's the same.. sale means sale.. (items are put on sale for various reasons, from vendor direction, to ad invectives to competitor matching and also overstock) but clearance means clearance.. as in, clearing it out.. once its gone it's gone.. not gonna find that item here anymore.
- 01-04-13, 11:18 PM #11
Rapid charger is $30 on their site I'll have to drive over to the nearest Staples tomorrow and look (if I can get my car door de-iced )Need an app for your blog/business or want some BB10 coding help? PM me for rates
OSBB - For Devs, by Devs. : OSBB Forum on CrackBerry : Create OTAs with Dropbox : Unlock your Escreen : BB10 Escreen Unlock App : Hybriding Basics : Custom PB Browser Homepage : BB10 on PlayBook (depreciated) : BB Github Contributors : SKBR : Restoring after Downgrading : BB10 Leak Checking App (leakCheck)My Apps in BlackBerry App World - Proceeds pay for diapers
- By shadow10z in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 7Last Post: 10-09-12, 03:03 PM
- By Earthbrain in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 04-29-11, 01:15 PM
- By jetstreamblue in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 58Last Post: 04-08-11, 12:21 AM
- By ad19 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 95Last Post: 04-01-11, 08:30 PM
- By anastasiophan in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 72Last Post: 03-23-11, 01:58 PM