Got a message from buddy who works at staples here in NJ.

They have two playbook accessories now marked as clearance items

Rapid Charge Dock $35.50
    Quick Charging Cable $15
    09-15-11 01:48 PM
    Doh. Too bad i have the dock. Nice prices.
    09-15-11 01:58 PM
    This likely is a local/regional store sale. For the current week, Staples.com only shows the -$50 price reductions on the three tablets.

Amazon.com has the dock for $38.72 with free shipping
    http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-33-...bUvbUpU6679500
    This seems to be close to the 'regular' discounted price
    Last edited by mandony; 09-15-11 at 02:04 PM.
    09-15-11 01:58 PM
    *sigh* I never learned the dilemma of early birds...
    09-15-11 02:10 PM
    I called the Staples where I bought the Rapid Charger and asked them the current price. They guy said 15.90 and that he only had one left. So I headed over. When I got there he pulled out the regular charger. I told him that I had asked specifically about the Rapid Charger and he apologized. I could not get them to budge on the 35.90 for the Rapid Charger, but they had 8 of them so I'll wait it out a little more.

On a side note, the manager at the tech desk and I discussed the Playbook. He said that since launch, his store was averaging 7-8 returns for every 10 they sell. I asked if he had any info about a relaunch or a new device. He said that he had no information on it, but that from this point forward, Staples is going to take a much more conservative approach to tablets in general (since they don't sell the iPad). He said that they were lulled into thinking lines would be out the door this summer. But this turned out to not be the case. He also said that for each device they have to return to RIM, they take a 25% hit. He also said their margin on the devices was around 5% and because of the returns, Staples has taken a bath on these. He then qualified that it's not just RIM but all of the manufacturers of tablets that they carry.
    09-15-11 03:48 PM
    Is there a WiFi only Playbook? If I bridge a BB, do I get flash browsing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 03:50 PM
    yes....Flash browsing via Bridge...and it works very well!

I was an early adopter...product is fantastic...sad about its lack of mainstream success. Many opinions available. Some are even correct.
    JBenn911 and Chrisy like this.
    09-15-11 03:55 PM
    Well, that sounds good. What I love about my Android most is the browser (and widgets). So if I get an OS7 BlackBerry and WiFi Playbook, can have a good device and a good browser.

Thanks for the reply. I don't even care about email on the Playbook. That's what the BB device is for, in my opinion.
    09-15-11 04:08 PM
    Is there a WiFi only Playbook? If I bridge a BB, do I get flash browsing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    At this time there is ONLY a WIFI playbook. There are no 3g/4g/etc pb's.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-15-11 05:17 PM
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter?

I love this signature! Great!
    09-15-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD