I just ordered a 16gb Playbook from the Staples Canada site. It showed they were in stock and a limit of one per customer, shipping next day. You need to use a coupon code, shown on the Playbook listing, to get the $300 off.
    11-30-11 02:08 PM
    They don't seem to care about the "One per customer" rule. I just bought three and they didn't say anything about it
    11-30-11 02:32 PM
    I think RIM is learning a painful lesson. It appears that the $200-$300 price range is important in the tablet marketplace. Apple always overprices their computers, and they get away with it because, well, they're Apple. But other manufactures sell better hardware for less. It seems like the same dynamic is carrying over into the tablet market.
    11-30-11 02:57 PM
    I wonder if they will arrive ?

The 16 gig is out of stock now.
    Last edited by cogsinister; 11-30-11 at 03:12 PM.
    11-30-11 03:06 PM
    I wonder if they will arrive ?
    We will know soon enough as mine shows expected delivery 12/1/2011. There is no tracking number yet and the invoice shows Your order is scheduled for delivery on the following dates between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, pending credit approval and inventory confirmation.
    11-30-11 03:09 PM
    just ordered one too, yesterday they were still out of stock, funny but soon enough we will find out whether the orders will stand, should get delivered by tomorrow
    11-30-11 05:17 PM
    can you believe it, got delivered already....woooow
    12-01-11 08:09 AM
    can you believe it, got delivered already....woooow
    Did you get a second email that it was shipped? I was just on the phone with Staples and they said the supply is limited and may take up to a week to ship and that my credit card will not be charged until shipped.

I assume you got the shipped email.
    12-01-11 08:29 AM
    the only email i got was after placing the order, pretty much the same one you copied here with the Dec1 delivery date, shipped from Toronto(Mississauga), so if you are in a different province it might make a difference...
    12-01-11 08:35 AM
    Thursday came and went without a delivery. When I called, the lady on the phone said they had a great demand for them and it may take until next week. I came home at lunch today (Friday) to find a door knocker tag saying they attempted delivery. When I called to see if I could pick it up anywhere, the guy on the phone explained they got in an unexpected quick delivery of playbooks and that is why mine was shipped today but I will have to wait until it is put out for delivery again Monday.

It looks like Rimm is shipping out more stock to the retailers, so get them on sale if you can.
    12-02-11 03:04 PM
    the only email i got was after placing the order, pretty much the same one you copied here with the Dec1 delivery date, shipped from Toronto(Mississauga), so if you are in a different province it might make a difference...
    its actually shipped from the nearest staple-storage facility. They have them all over the country and this sale has been going on since Nov 14 or 21st. =) Glad you got one though.
    12-02-11 03:12 PM
    Thursday came and went without a delivery. When I called, the lady on the phone said they had a great demand for them and it may take until next week. I came home at lunch today (Friday) to find a door knocker tag saying they attempted delivery. When I called to see if I could pick it up anywhere, the guy on the phone explained they got in an unexpected quick delivery of playbooks and that is why mine was shipped today but I will have to wait until it is put out for delivery again Monday.

It looks like Rimm is shipping out more stock to the retailers, so get them on sale if you can.
    I wish RIM would push out more stock to shopblackberry.....
    12-02-11 03:13 PM
    I wish RIM would push out more stock to shopblackberry.....
    I think the stock is there, just more orders than people to ship and pack them at ShopBlackberry. I suspect there will be a push put on this weekend to get a bunch of them shipped.

After I figured out the order was coming from the USA, I really didn't expect it this week since I had only selected ground shipping. When the email came on Tuesday saying there was an additional 5-6 days getting them by even late next week will probably the best I can hope for.

I have had a PlayBook since April, and these are for gifts, so it really isn't a problem if it takes an extra week or two to get them.
    12-02-11 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD