Sounds scary... any hints? Small quantities? Not getting them in until a later date?
    Please do not quote me on this, but it is possible that some stores will not get their inventory on time , For example i preordered a 64gb Playbook , i may not get mine until next friday. This i am not happy about , i am waiting till monday to see what they say. If this is the case , even as a Staples employee , crap will hit the big fan .

But i am holding myself till atleast monday.

But i admit i am feeling the growing frustration .
    04-15-11 02:15 PM
    I didn't know this! Thanks so much I was hoping to go through Staples as they're really supporting the Playbook from what I can see but this is good news - I'll get my ton into FutureShop tomorrow
    No problem. Gotta help out a fellow CB'er
    04-15-11 02:22 PM
    Staples Market Mall Calgary demo today until 7pm

Nice unit, screen quality is fine, better than xoom for sure.
    Wish it was a bigger screen but it's a start.

Overall the Playbook is better in person than I expected from the reviews.

The Playbook ran well most of the time.

We were unable to get gmail working, some cookie issue on the demo model,
    wanted to try to email PB photos.

Also tried a kids flash site ... webkinz .... and it did not work at all.
    Not many buying a Playbook to play webkinz anyhow, I guess
    But if your claiming the whole web...

Probably needs to be priced $50 to $100 lower
    to attract non-BB users from the iPad.

I heard they are getting about 100 on release day.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-15-11 at 03:32 PM.
    04-15-11 03:17 PM
    I can't buy until the 21st. I'll be gutted if I can't get my hands on one! I'm in the Halifax / Dartmouth area of Canada.
    I live and work in Halifax, we have several units ordered through work, if they sell out and you're desperate, let me know, I will re sell an unopened one (no mark up, LOL) and re order some more. (3- 32GB and 3- 64GB models).
    04-15-11 03:28 PM
    I find it ironic how Staples seems to be really excited about the PlayBook and willing to promote it heavily and yet Best Buy, who arguably doesn't give a turd, is the preferred retailer...
    I have to say I had the same thoughts. I went to BBY to pre-order a 32GB the day after pre-orders began. The first guy I talked to didn't even know what a Playbook was. Then proceeded to tell me how terrible Blackberrys are. The second guy, who noticed I had a Blackberry, had to look up the information but at least had heard about it.
    I was kind of surprised and disappointed at how they disparaged the brand and at how uninformed they were on it.
    04-15-11 03:31 PM
    Looking at todays new Futureshop and Bestbuy flyers...
    all you see is XOOM XOOM XOOM ,
    big page front and back ads,
    no mention of the Playbook.
    04-15-11 03:35 PM
    ditto. Big @SS xoom and font and center page. 10" for $499.

Maybe they have the ad in the next week's flyer. Kinda pointless when the release date is the 19th. Futureshop had one dinky ad in the store the one i went to this afternoon while Staples has PB posters all over the windows and big @SS PB display.
    04-15-11 03:44 PM
    Also tried a kids flash site ... webkinz .... and it did not work at all.
    Not many buying a Playbook to play webkinz anyhow, I guess
    But if your claiming the whole web...
    Darn. My daughter's going to kill me!
    04-15-11 05:16 PM
    i was testing build 1500 flash on espn worked spectacular. no issues.
    04-15-11 08:48 PM
    i think the xooms being pushed because its on the shelves now
    04-15-11 08:57 PM
    Saw the playbook in the sears and walmart flyer. Somewhere else too i think.
    04-15-11 10:01 PM
    Even saw the PlayBook on the RBCrewards.com website today. It's everywhere!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 10:37 PM
    I ordered 3 for work. We stopped by the local Staples yesterday to ensure that they would be in at 7:00AM for the launch. They assured us that they would be there and ready to pick up. I was surprised that they had onlt pre-sold 5 PBs though... We are however in a smaller central Alberta .
    04-16-11 08:59 AM
    supposedly some staples will be opening at midnight launch day any confirmations which ones? the manager at my local staples where i put my pre-order in said they will be opening at midnight and i could pick up then
    04-16-11 10:48 AM
    a bit confused here. i pre-ordered with staples online and figured that i would walk in tuesday morning and pickup my order, but after talking with staples on the phone they said that that is not the case. it depends on when it is shipped to the store which could be a few days or a week after the 19th.

is everyone that preordered online going to walk in tuesday and ask for their order?
    04-16-11 11:42 AM
    a bit confused here. i pre-ordered with staples online and figured that i would walk in tuesday morning and pickup my order, but after talking with staples on the phone they said that that is not the case. it depends on when it is shipped to the store which could be a few days or a week after the 19th.

is everyone that preordered online going to walk in tuesday and ask for their order?
    Why would I pre-order if it meant I'd get my stuff later than everyone else? I'm usually an understanding person, but if I'm not able to get my device on launch day I'll lose my ****.
    04-16-11 11:59 AM
    There are so many shops that are carrying the PB. Wouldnt it be faster and easier just drop by the store and pick one up? Even if one store is sold out you can just walk over to the other store. Unlike the (sh*t)pad where you can only get it at apple store or authorized dealer. There shouldn't be any line ups.
    04-16-11 12:17 PM
    With the latest update, 1710, webkinz works for the kids.

On sell outs yesterday all stores still had stock around here.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-22-11 at 06:34 AM.
    04-22-11 06:32 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD