Ok I thought my issues with trying to put my pb into standby mode might have been fixed with this latest update but no luck. When ever I try putting it into standby mode it only shuts off for a few seconds then the screen comes right back on and it does this cycle non stop draining the battery. Something appears to be activating the screen.
    06-07-11 02:01 PM
    Does it only do this in a certain places, or everywhere all the time? It is capacitive touch so any strong magnetic fields will cause it to go whacky. You can search on tesla coil and see a video of a Playbook with a Tesla coil near it making it go nuts. It it's happening everywhere then it sounds like your screen is messed up.
    06-07-11 02:11 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I think it's my unit as it's been doing it since day one. My return window has passed.
    06-07-11 02:29 PM
    You still have a warranty. There was a post yesterday that BestBuy (Canada only???) would cover them for 1 year. I don't know if it is true - I believe the post was about a pixel problem.
    06-07-11 04:02 PM
    There have been posts about standby mode still looking for wifi and bluetooth connections. I was having relatively short battery life even while on standby (fully drained in a couple of days with no use). When I turn off wifi and bt before going to standby, much better.
    06-07-11 04:19 PM
    I'll try that thanks. I was wondering if it was the wi-fi or Bluetooth. I will give it a shot. If not I'll think about taking it back to Stapples.
    06-07-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD