how do i get the standby button on my playbook to work as standby and not a restart?
    thanks
    07-22-11 12:55 PM
    do you just have a fat finger and hitting the wrong button?
    07-22-11 01:25 PM
    touck the battery icon and then press standby.
    07-22-11 01:32 PM
    I have the same problem, but only when I use the Power Off app and click Standby it restarts the PB. When I click the battery icon on the top right and click Standby it works properly.
    Parasharsp likes this.
    07-22-11 02:18 PM
    how do i get the standby button on my playbook to work as standby and not a restart?
    thanks
    Don't hold it down so long perhaps? I have no problem...
    07-22-11 03:56 PM
    Don't hold it down so long perhaps? I have no problem...
    Read the post closely. The OP is right. It's a bug.
    07-22-11 05:56 PM
    when I click the battery icon and press reset, it shuts down. I was sat there staring at the screen for a good 5mins wondering why it wasn't reloading!!
    07-23-11 02:12 AM
    I have the same issue. When I click the Power Off icon and then push the Standby icon, it restarts the device
    08-27-11 05:47 PM
    this looks like it's a bug as i have exactly the same issue. Does anyone know of a different workaround?
    08-27-11 05:55 PM
    Apparently not fixed in the latest software update. Seems like a pretty basic function to have such an obvious bug. C'mon, RIM.
    09-01-11 09:47 PM
    Whew, I thought it was just my Playbook!

So I guess for now we just have to use the battery icon in the upper right, then hit standby.
    09-20-11 06:55 PM
    This bug was in the previous OS also, why RIM doesnt fix the little things is beyond me.

Differential Updates? Whatever, same snake oil different name...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 07:04 PM
    Thank God for the crackberry forums! I was quite unnerved to see the same issue on my less than month old Playbook. RIM better get such fundamental bugs ironed out by the next release.

The other one that is well documented on this forum is when the Playbook won't even start, regardless of how long you press the start button, or even if it's plugged in to a power supply. One user (F2) recommended pressing all three buttons (start, volume up and down) to get it to start.

The point I make is that it is invaluable for members of crackberry to continue to share and help each other out. Otherwise we'd never know better and be really upset about an albeit great purchase, trying to chase the BB customer service folks. Thanks again for contributing and sharing.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-21-12 07:57 PM
    Many great Tips and Tricks and Fixes are in the Sticky thread. You can click below my signature to find them all.
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    01-21-12 08:03 PM
    Mine just started doing this today! Not sure why... I hope this is straightened out in OS2. It works fine if I touch the battery icon, but the power off app doesn't work right.
    02-02-12 06:22 PM
    Same issue with the latest os beta 2.0.0.7111
    02-02-12 07:13 PM
    Does RIM know that it is has not been addressed until now? I now we can live with the workaround on the battery Icon but with this simple issue could have been addressed way back.
    02-03-12 10:59 AM
    I just tap on the top button for stanby; quicker.
    02-03-12 03:04 PM
    I read this thread twice but I still don't know what the bug is. My buttons do what they say they do.
    02-03-12 03:54 PM
    Chaddface, somewhere in the All folder on the 1.x units there's a fairly useless icon which, if you manage to even find it amongst all the other apps, simply shows you the same three buttons you can see either by tapping on the battery icon in the System Tray, or by holding down the physical power button for one second.

It's a leftover app from the April launch, probably unused by most people at this point, and it is there where you'll find the screwed up button.

I deleted mine along time ago, or I'd let you know what it's called.
    Chaddface and Canuck671 like this.
    02-03-12 04:32 PM
    It is a kind of red circular icon and the graphic looks like the actual Power Button on the top of the pb. I can't do it now since I turned off my 32gig in order to allow the new 64gig to get the new OS. The Power Icon is buggy.
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-03-12 04:36 PM
    Thanks. I found the icon and sure enough standby restarts. I just had to try myself and restarted two PB's. OS1 and OS2.
    Deleted. It's strange that's still around.
    02-03-12 05:09 PM
    Mine was doing it, but it started a few months in - it's gone now though.

I have erased a few apps I didnt need. If I remember which ones I'll post that.

Cheers
    02-03-12 06:07 PM
    LMAO

I just tried to use the power button standby - it freakin restarted - somehow this thread infected my playbook!!! (smears hand sanitizer over PB)

well now I remember, I use the battery Icon - it works perfectly

DOH!
    02-03-12 06:10 PM
    Chaddface, somewhere in the All folder on the 1.x units there's a fairly useless icon which, if you manage to even find it amongst all the other apps, simply shows you the same three buttons you can see either by tapping on the battery icon in the System Tray, or by holding down the physical power button for one second.

It's a leftover app from the April launch, probably unused by most people at this point, and it is there where you'll find the screwed up button.

I deleted mine along time ago, or I'd let you know what it's called.
    cool tip - I just zapped mine too

02-03-12 06:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD