| || |
Re: Stand By mode for long periods of time cause My Playbook not to wake-up
Could be hardware. So, SWIPING from one bezel to the opposite bezel does not wake it up. How about just pressing the Power Button for 2-3 seconds and leave it?
Some suggestions in least invasive order:
To fix an issue, try these in order:
Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart
Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.
Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: email@example.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805
Playbook French Support
Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile