I was browsing my account just now and found this "plan" to connect to my BlackBerry tablet. What is this and why does it exist? Makes no sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint users,  what the he11 is this and why does it exist?-2013-06-20-00-10-39.jpg  
    06-19-13 11:15 PM
    I was browsing my account just now and found this "plan" to connect to my BlackBerry tablet. What is this and why does it exist? Makes no sense.
    That was one of those plan add-ons to get you to pay for data access on BlackBerry Bridge.
    06-19-13 11:20 PM
    That was one of those plan add-ons to get you to pay for data access on BlackBerry Bridge.
    So then I'm correct that it serves no point at all since Sprint has never blocked bridge unlike another US carrier that I could mention.

Seems pretty redundant.
    And the worst is that it costs MORE then just signing up for Sprint Hotspot.
    06-19-13 11:23 PM
    So then I'm correct that it serves no point at all since Sprint has never blocked bridge unlike another US carrier that I could mention.

Seems pretty redundant.
    Ahhh, but if they can convince users to pay for an unblocked service, wouldn't that just fatten the coffers some? nudge, nudge

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    Zildjian71 and anon(3879737) like this.
    06-19-13 11:30 PM
    What browser is that?
    06-19-13 11:33 PM
    This turns your phone into a mobile hotspot which I had to use a few months I was away from home and the normal bridge connection was to slow. I am now with AT&T and if Sprint does like AT&T when they get BB10 devices they may require the extra service to connect a tablet. Also at the time I had to use that plan I was well established customer and did not cost the full amount.

06-20-13 12:25 AM
    This turns your phone into a mobile hotspot which I had to use a few months I was away from home and the normal bridge connection was to slow. I am now with AT&T and if Sprint does like AT&T when they get BB10 devices they may require the extra service to connect a tablet. Also at the time I had to use that plan I was well established customer and did not cost the full amount.
    I just switched to AT&T and my bridge works with my Z10. I don't need to use the hotspot, even though it is part of my plan.
    06-20-13 02:02 AM

Seems pretty redundant.
    Please by all means...mention those carriers we're not shy here!!!!
    06-21-13 07:32 AM
    Please by all means...mention those carriers we're not shy here!!!!
    AT&T - to avoid their restriction, visit rroyy.com and find the Bridge that matches your OS version.
    06-21-13 09:09 AM
    AT&T - to avoid their restriction, visit rroyy.com and find the Bridge that matches your OS version.

I've been to his site and its great that he does what he does. But the point for Sprint users is that we don't have to. So this package Sprint is offering is completely redundant.
    06-21-13 11:14 PM
    Mobile hotspot is faster than using bridge. I've used it and tested speeds on Speedtest and browser page load ups. Night and day. Just use hotspot if you have it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:04 AM
    Mobile hotspot is faster than using bridge. I've used it and tested speeds on Speedtest and browser page load ups. Night and day. Just use hotspot if you have it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I do. But I still use bridge for data from time to time. Saves on the cap. I have 2gb of hotspot, but unlimited data through bridge.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    06-23-13 01:22 PM
    Sprint was going to offer a WiMax version of the PlayBook back in 2011

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-25-13 05:32 AM
    I assume speeds for Bridge and a regular Bluetooth dial-up connection are the same? It would be less than 1 MB/sec, it wouldn't saturate a HSDPA or LTE connection at all. Using the mobile hotspot feature to share the cellular connection via Wi-fi would get you much higher speeds.
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-25-13 07:10 AM
    I assume speeds for Bridge and a regular Bluetooth dial-up connection are the same? It would be less than 1 MB/sec, it wouldn't saturate a HSDPA or LTE connection at all. Using the mobile hotspot feature to share the cellular connection via Wi-fi would get you much higher speeds.
    Exactly. So I don't know why anyone would pay for this. I wonder if anyone has fell for it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    06-25-13 12:34 PM
    Ahhh, but if they can convince users to pay for an unblocked service, wouldn't that just fatten the coffers some? nudge, nudge

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CB Forums mobile app
    That's is a good point.
    Feels a little crooked.
    06-25-13 12:36 PM