Sprint holds off on playbook

I can speculate as to why, but wont.
    The artical is only a month old, lets hope that the environment has changed enough to convince sprint otherwise.

The artical suggests that while the hardward is solid, the software is lacking.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 06-05-11 at 03:28 PM.
    06-05-11 03:25 PM
    This could either be Sprint slowing down on WiMax devices because of an impending switch to LTE (there has been a lot of talk about the possibility of a major deal with LightSquared recently) or more evidence that RIM has totally blown it with the Playbook. Sprint is way more in the loop about whats going on with Playbook development than we are.

EDIT: But then again, the article is a month old and I don't think there has been any more news about delaying the 4G Playbook since.
    Last edited by semicoln; 06-05-11 at 03:41 PM.
    06-05-11 03:32 PM
    Actually the original article is referring to the delay notice back at the beginning of May. The wording "indefinitely" was a strong word choice for the "until further notice" in the original article.

Old news that is now debunked.
    06-05-11 05:08 PM
    Actually the original article is referring to the delay notice back at the beginning of May. The wording "indefinitely" was a strong word choice for the "until further notice" in the original article.

Old news that is now debunked.
    how is it debunked?
    06-05-11 05:46 PM
    until i broke down and got my PB from CDWG, i was getting weekly delay notices from our Govt Sprint rep. It went from second week of May to Tuesday after Memorial day to June 5th to end of July to "just dont know, Jim"...would have been nice to have one with CDMA radio in it, but have plenty of wifi and a couple mifi's if needed
    06-05-11 05:55 PM
    First the article is a month old and it reference directly PB 4G not the current PB wi-fi which Sprint is selling as of today (5th)... how is that relevant to the current launch?

As to the the reference of the PB 4g we don't even have a set launch date for that, only some point in the summer.

Summer doesn't actually start until June 21st and last until September 23rd...
    06-05-11 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD