I hate the Blackberry Playbook's black. Can I spray paint the back cover if i take it off and cover the volume buttons/power buttons. Has anyone done this? What's the best spray paint? Can you send me a picture? I want to spray paint it white. If I spray paint the front glass will the bezel still be responsive and will the spray paint be rough or smooth?

Thanks! tell me what you think!
    10-23-11 04:57 PM
    I got a gel case (on sale) and painted that with good quality acrylics. Worked very well, and I can change it later if I want.
    I bet that painting the bezel would wreck it though. Curious to hear whether anyone's tried it
    10-23-11 05:11 PM
    Maybe you should just get creative with a case as klc said. Might save you a big regret later on down the road.
    10-23-11 06:59 PM
    I spray Painted the back cover. It started to peel cause of the soft plastic so I had to peel off the soft feel. I will try to spray paint the pure plastic again
    10-23-11 06:59 PM
    Dude, you have to post a pic when it's done. I'd love to see it!
    10-23-11 07:04 PM
    I spray Painted the back cover. It started to peel cause of the soft plastic so I had to peel off the soft feel. I will try to spray paint the pure plastic again
    Ugh Oh.......
    10-23-11 07:09 PM
    lol good luck with this but...Spray Painting a Playbook? Really? lol If you get any scratches on it, it will be so obvious, and I can't imagine it looking like a quality product. If I were ever to attempt this, I would suggest completely taking apart the playbook (which personally I wouldn't attempt any ways because you might bend the uniform edging where the back of the unit attaches) so that you don't have to try and cover up the buttons, of the BB logo on the back which would probably look good being kept in chrome. And I would definetly get really fine sandpaper and do the whole back cover, and then using a good plastic or metal primer (I don't know what the PB's shell is made from) and THEN attempt multiple light coats of a good spray paint, followed by multiple light layers of clear coat. Make sure you don't get any run lines.

Personally I would just get a case and try to colour it (they said it worked well for them so you'll have to trust them) but still the whole thing just sounds like a trailer trashy thing to do Spray painting a high tech quality product lol You just don't do that...

But hey it's your choice so good luck! Maybe you can prove me wrong.
    black hole likes this.
    10-23-11 07:19 PM
    Painting is a simple Task ,Hard Part is the Prep. Work Before That
    10-23-11 08:02 PM
    Well; I won't paint it. too many dangers for both durability and look !
    I'd rather search for a technical colored foil that is sometimes used now for cars instead of paint. It is a protection, it is reversible, it is strong, it fits perfectly ...
    Samples here : More | Foil-it | Foila car

P.S: I'm not affiliated to foilacar, it is just a sample. I bet we could find foils and do it by ourselves ... I'll give it a try ...

Edit : yes found one supplier in France : http://www.tools4film.com/covering.html
    Edit (2) : WARNING, this requires heating ... may finally not be accurate ... ooops ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-24-11 at 05:43 AM.
    10-24-11 05:29 AM
    I know they don't have the Blackberry Playbook listed on their website but instead of most likely ruining your Playbook (unless you know what your actually doing) why not try contacting "ColorWare" and see if they can help you out!!!

ColorWare
    10-24-11 06:19 AM
    I thought Blackberrys were supposed to be black.
    mysticmeg likes this.
    10-24-11 07:33 AM
    I know they don't have the Blackberry Playbook listed on their website but instead of most likely ruining your Playbook (unless you know what your actually doing) why not try contacting "ColorWare" and see if they can help you out!!!

ColorWare
    Buying a second device just for training is almost cheaper than buying from colorware ...
    10-24-11 08:47 AM
    Hey, I remember something that could be interesting in your case :

Plasti-dip paint !

10-25-11 03:44 AM
    Hey, I remember something that could be interesting in your case :Plasti-dip paint !
    Looks really cool, sort of cover plastic, w/o having to heat.
    But does it become "hard" after a while or is it still "flexible" as we can see when the author peels the extra "paint" ?
    10-25-11 03:55 AM
    Guess the OP went through with it, although tries to cover it up with a bad lie: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emerge-664233/
    (Spoiler: it ain't pretty!)
    10-25-11 08:51 AM
    Guess the OP went through with it, although tries to cover it up with a bad lie: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emerge-664233/
    (Spoiler: it ain't pretty!)
    But it is a good laugh!
    10-25-11 01:23 PM
    Looks really cool, sort of cover plastic, w/o having to heat.
    But does it become "hard" after a while or is it still "flexible" as we can see when the author peels the extra "paint" ?
    There are couple of videos that shows how, at the same time this product is resistant (karsher) and easy to peal when you want to take it off

I know it because I have friends who use it to paint their car's wheels.
    10-26-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD