About an hour ago I split a large cup of water all over my desk, including onto my Playbook. I got it out of the water after about ten seconds, but it was pretty wet and the water landed onto the screen (rather than just a puddle spreading towards it).

Happy to report that it's totally fine. Works as usual, dried in seconds, even the speakers work.
    06-03-11 06:30 AM
    post some pictures
    06-03-11 07:12 AM
    Mine took a bath in Mt Dew last week while sitting in my passenger seat. So far, I've not noticed anything wrong with my PB but it def ruined the heating element in the seat.

Sent via Tapatalk on my POS Android.
    06-03-11 07:27 AM
    You guys are lucky not to have any damage. If mine isn't in my hands, it is in the leather sleeve. I have good cup holders and keep the lid on my Zero Coke on my desk. Maybe playbook 2 will come in different colors, be water tight and have spell checker.
    06-03-11 07:39 AM
    geez I bet you were freakin. Glad its working, pretty sure this is the first water damage post to a pb yet.

To the guy that wants pics... what are you expecting to see?
    06-03-11 07:47 AM
    You guys are lucky not to have any damage. If mine isn't in my hands, it is in the leather sleeve. I have good cup holders and keep the lid on my Zero Coke on my desk. Maybe playbook 2 will come in different colors, be water tight and have spell checker.
    I think the new model will be water tight and have a raised power button that can switch built-in colors. Spellchecker will be in PB3 or 4. PB5 will allow you to search the webpage while using the Browser.
    06-03-11 09:23 AM
    hopefully playbook are as strong as we thought..
    06-03-11 09:25 AM
    geez I bet you were freakin. Glad its working, pretty sure this is the first water damage post to a pb yet.

To the guy that wants pics... what are you expecting to see?
    A fully functional PB maybe....LOL
    06-03-11 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD