Today Best Buy put a working Playbook on display. I loved it and put a deposit on a 64 gb unit. I was playing with Word-to-Go and I noticed that there is no spell check. Is there any plans to add that??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 06:33 PM
    Docs-to-go is a DataViz product, not RIM. And since Docs-to-go on the BB has it I would guess it has it on the PB and maybe you just missed it.
    04-15-11 06:40 PM
    It will tell you if the spelling is incorrect but it won't give you the proper spelling. I believe this was shown in Kevin's review.
    04-15-11 07:14 PM
    It will tell you if the spelling is incorrect but it won't give you the proper spelling. I believe this was shown in Kevin's review.
    that was in notes not docs to go
    04-15-11 07:29 PM
    Docs-to-go is a DataViz product, not RIM. And since Docs-to-go on the BB has it I would guess it has it on the PB and maybe you just missed it.
    DataViz is owned by RIM. They bought them last year I think.
    04-15-11 07:30 PM
    On my Torch the automatic spell check in Doc to go does not work (no underlineY but there is a "check spelling" option on the menu. I could not find that on the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 07:39 PM
    No, RIM did not buy DataViz. What RIM did was they bought the Docs to go suite and some other assets from DataViz. DataViz itself is still a separate company.
    04-15-11 07:46 PM
    that was in notes not docs to go
    I stand corrected.
    04-15-11 08:02 PM

DataViz, Makers of Documents To Go, apparently acquired and now owned by Research In Motion

Docs-to-go is a RIM product.
    04-15-11 08:06 PM
    No, RIM did not buy DataViz. What RIM did was they bought the Docs to go suite and some other assets from DataViz. DataViz itself is still a separate company.
    I believe dfaris is correct.

BlackBerry maker RIM buys Documents To Go's Data Viz | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    04-15-11 08:13 PM
    Read the statement from RIM in the article you quoted:

RIM has acquired some of the assets of DataViz and hired the majority of its employees to focus on supporting the BlackBerry platform. Terms of the deal were not disclosed but the transaction was not material to RIM in the context of RIM's financial results.
    RIM bought a huge chunk of Dataviz, but RIM did not buy out the whole company.
    04-15-11 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD