A grain of salt so big all other grains will look like, well, grains of salt I guess...

Well I know how much we love to hear what reps told us. I was just talking to the person who goes around and trains the staff at Optus(Australia) and for some reason she said that RIM is still coming out with a 10" Playbook, this was after I said they were thinking of making one. We all know that there is a rumor of it, also a rumor that QNX phone(s) have taken precedence over it and they put it on hold. She said it would be 8-10 weeks till we saw it. Take it as you will. I'm not willing to bet the farm but if this is true that's cool.

I went on to ask about the new phones. She was impressed at how I knew all about them, her staff doesn't even know(and aren't trained on them till next week) clearly she hasn't heard of CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nikeem24 likes this.
    08-05-11 02:07 AM
    I would not be surprised to see that some of this is just better PR management by RIM. Lord knows they can use it. Just saying maybe they are downplaying the QNX stuff and 10" PlayBook a bit so the press will stop focusing on that so much. RIM never even said they were doing a 10" PlayBook did they? There was a rumor they were and then a rumor it was canceled. Better off if it had not been mentioned at all.
    08-05-11 03:05 AM
    I'd prefer a QNX phone before a 10" PlayBook.
    08-05-11 06:54 AM
    I'd prefer a QNX phone before a 10" PlayBook.
    Same here. It would probably sell better if they wait until they release a PB 2 and then offer it as 7" and 10" models.
    08-05-11 08:01 AM
    once the 7" PlayBook had launched I was not one of the believers that bought into the cancellation of the 10", perhaps a slowdown to launch but to cancel it would be just stupid. As bad as all the press has been, some true and warranted most total BS! RIM is a company that knows how to go from 7" to 10" once the OS and the software are working(think about it, the hard work is done!) But we are in times right now that any *** (journalist, analyst) can throw ****e on the wall and it sticks.
    EDIT; people, do not believe everything ifans write on a BB forum!!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 08-05-11 at 08:35 AM.
    08-05-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD