I'm glad with my playbook but I want BB10 fast, why? Because of the app BB10 will bring us. Skype is a great example. And we can be sure now, that no more app are going to be made on our 2.0... No one is going to develop for a system that is going to be replaced in some weeks/months
    01-31-13 06:22 AM
    TH was on CNN after the launch event and they asked him I if they were going to scrap the current PlayBook line and start with a new tablet for BB10. Thorsten said they were going to do the exact opposite and update all PlayBooks to BB10, including the wifi and 4G versions.
    chaosdivine and Jake2826 like this.
    01-31-13 08:04 AM
    There is an issue there with they plan to upgrade all PB's to BB10, this could very well mean all future PB's no where does it state Older PB's.
    You can't upgrade something that does not exist. Future Playbooks do not exist, and may never exist under the Playbook name, therefore can not be upgraded.
    01-31-13 08:21 AM
    You will wait until the end of March... and then what?

This thread is giving me a headache.
    Sell PB
    Please sell in now. Don't wait until the end of March.
    Could you make sure the buyer understands that it will never be upgraded to BB10?
    01-31-13 08:35 AM
    Show us the money.
    I thought not.
    01-31-13 08:39 AM
    Show us the money.
    I thought not.
    Can this go in the children's section?
    01-31-13 08:40 AM
    TH was on CNN after the launch event and they asked him I if they were going to scrap the current PlayBook line and start with a new tablet for BB10. Thorsten said they were going to do the exact opposite and update all PlayBooks to BB10, including the wifi and 4G versions.
    THIS!!!!

Thorsten Heins on CNBC video interview with regards to the BlackBerry 10 launch and specifically what's in store for the PlayBook which can be seen at 5:42-6:51 of this video RIM CEO Speaks Out on BlackBerry 10, Tablet Market - CNBC

He says that BlackBerry will continue to be in the tablet market and that all versions of the PlayBook will get BlackBerry 10 software updates (Wi-Fi and 4G version). No timeline as to when we'll see this but that the software teams are currently working on this update.

Transcript: (I didn't type this out so spelling and punctuation are off - blame CNBC)

Thorsten, the play book, hardware was great. did not sell anywhere nearly as hoped. what are your plans for the tablet market? so the tablet market is something that has special roots at the moment in my view. you have to look at it from a profitability perspective and what the business models that are out there. the way i look at the tablet market, we will continue to be in it. however what i want to do is kind of dot same game play as with the blackberry 10 product opinion be good and really good in consumer when i do this. and have a service around it that has a position going just yornd the pure hardware price. making money on the tab set lifl. so if i could follow up, you say the same as blackberry 10. does that mean you will scrap the play book entirely and start over with a new tablet? no. what we will be doing, the teams working on this, we will take it the other way around. we will provide blackberry 10 updates for all play books out there. all upgradable it blackberry 10.
    01-31-13 09:12 AM
    Oh i despise Ipad and apple, trust me that will never happen.
    Why is that ?

Lmao ok so umm can i speak to this person your friend so i can clarify your info?

Well i may just call Blackberry up and ask em, but i bet i get same old answer, yes we will be upgrading PB's, ok which ones new ones or old ones? i bet they say all PB's, ok does this imply New PB production line or old ones?

Hey blackberry why update older ones when you can make money on new ones?, well simple we hate making that much money.... LOL

I sure hope they update the older PB's, but like any company in hardware market....... they may update, but some features won't be on it though ..... as only NEWER ones will have this or that feature....... forcing us to buy NEW PB's or tablets whatever they call them, Maybe Lenovo will buy em out or have a deal made and produce tablets for BB?
    Have they really made any money selling the current Playbooks, or have they taken a loss ?

Sometimes older models don't get the same features as newer was running the same OS because of the hardware differences, not so they can force you into a newer model.

Isn't the current PB OS QNX based already ?
    01-31-13 09:27 AM
    here's something to think about, uk gets bb10 first so they can do the first few trail and error stuff, then us canucks get it and we get to trial and error stuff for a month, then america gets it and everything that may go wrong will be fixed. I like my pb just the way it is. if we get an update, kewl but Im not about to run out and sell it. Im a blackberry user for life. I tried an ipud and didnt like it, tried android tabs belonging to friends, didnt like them either. sticking with what works and works well for me, My Playbook. if it gets 10 in the next week, Bonus but they never ever once said bb10 would hit the pb immediately after launch. if you want to ditch your pb, send it to me. I will put it to great use and post videos and make you sad that you got rid of it. if you get rid of it and then bb10 comes to it, you will be sad and angry and have to rebuy another one. i think all pb'swill get 10, not just newer models, it would be an insult to us early adopters and shareholders like myself will complain big time.
    01-31-13 09:10 PM
    Find the CNBC interview from yesterday. Heins was directly asked about tablets. He very plainly said all the WiFi and LTE Playbooks will be upgradeable to blackberry 10. Said it plain as day.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 09:16 PM
    I understand the meaning 'troll' has been replaced by the name "Xamdam".
    01-31-13 10:00 PM
    I talked to BlackBerry support on January 29, 2013 and I was told that there will be an OS10 update for our PlayBook. Just would not give a date.
    01-31-13 10:00 PM
    Find the CNBC interview from yesterday. Heins was directly asked about tablets. He very plainly said all the WiFi and LTE Playbooks will be upgradeable to blackberry 10. Said it plain as day.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    This kind of talk is not welcome around here. Please speculate about something and present it as fact.
    xamdam likes this.
    01-31-13 10:12 PM
    And don't forget to ignore all other posts and keep repeating the same answered question lol

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    Chaddface likes this.
    02-04-13 12:36 AM
    What I wonder is if the BB10 is going to be as good as QNX. I love the current OS, I just want Netflix and Comixology. I am not very enthusiastic about the way BB10 is shaping up, as it appears that paradoxically, Netflix is STILL not on board. I have an interested buyer for my PB, I think I am going to cut my ties and get an Android tablet.
    02-04-13 12:45 AM
    I think that it would be good for Blackberry to have as many Blackberry 10 users out here to make app creators / developers joining the platform. PB have sold a lot in resent months, if they will make an other PB(2) they will win a lot of time if we already have it to report our thoughts of it. Then if they make anouther design at least I will buy even that, but maby 8 inch...

Im glad I joined the BB train! Just waiting till the new phones coming to Sweden.

Take care all!
    02-04-13 01:25 AM
    I just watched the Thorsten Heins interview on CNBC...he said the Playbook will be getting BB10...did not give a timeframe. It is more important for them to work on the phones first. I love my PlayBook the way it is...I will gladly wait patiently...it will come.
    Yes. Importantly he said "both the LTE and WiFi Playbooks will be upgradeable to Blackberry 10". There is no ambiguity in that sentence.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 01:35 AM
    do we have any idea when this upgrade will be available?
    02-06-13 02:19 PM
    Later this year.
    02-06-13 03:45 PM
    That would be a huge cluster f****
    02-06-13 03:50 PM
    Further more, it's a simple case of market strategy: exchange possible new owners for existing happy one's. I always say :" no.risk, no honor". But that would be sheer stupidity
    02-06-13 03:54 PM
    The rumor is March this year
    02-06-13 04:24 PM
    The rumor is March this year
    That should read, a rumor is March this year
    Another rumor is December. There are at least 8 rumors between those two.
    02-06-13 05:08 PM
98 ... 234