Really this product is so underestimated. I loaded some of my collection (mostly into slow ballads) and I am very impressed with the sound quality considering a mobile device. By the way I am doing professional cinema installations for a living and handling eq almost everyday. What are people's opinions in the speaker quality?
    Demetris
    03-03-12 04:51 PM
    I think having front facing speakers are what makes the playbook speakers sound as good as they do.

of coarse they aren't anywhere near audiophile grade but as for portable speakers go, they are pretty darn good.
    djnshores likes this.
    03-03-12 04:56 PM
    I'm with you the speakers on this thing is amazing. I didn't expect the quality of sound for it. I am plesantly suprised.
    03-03-12 05:53 PM
    The speakers are awesome. I can hear them clearly on my treadmill, when I am in the shower and the are in stereo. Very cool.
    03-03-12 06:04 PM
    I find the speakers to be excellent for this type of device.

What could Bose do with the playbook speakers

RIM should investigate, having Bose speakers on the playbook would obviously be a plus
    03-03-12 06:05 PM
    Speakers might be refrence monitors from Polk Audio.
    03-03-12 06:07 PM
    Yes, I have to admit the quality of the speakers took me by surprise. I always get...."is that music coming from your tablet?" .....
    03-03-12 06:10 PM
    Music is actually pleasant to listen to without having to use headphones. And I don't have to turn the volume full up to hear it. it is definitely a selling point over other tablet speakers.
    03-03-12 06:18 PM
    The same thing he does to his own products: Make them sound like tinny, annoying sh�t.

RIM should investigate, having Bose speakers on the playbook would obviously be a plus
    Can't tell if the emoticon means you're joking...
    03-03-12 07:13 PM
    The same thing he does to his own products: Make them sound like tinny, annoying sh�t.

Can't tell if the emoticon means you're joking...

I guess you're not a Bose fan. I like their products. I have their headphones and speakers and I think they're great
    03-03-12 07:21 PM
    I guess you're not a Bose fan. I like their products. I have their headphones and speakers and I think they're great
    Agree... Bose rocks!

PlayBook sound is awesome and also for recording live music is very high quality for what it is (a tablet)!
    03-03-12 08:34 PM
    Speakers a very good. Almost pulling off a 4.1 effect. I was watching a movie the other night and I kept looking over my shoulder trying to figure out where that sound is coming from. Lol.
    03-03-12 09:19 PM
    The speakers are amazing. I got all my Coltrane albums on it and love listening to them on it.
    03-03-12 09:30 PM
    I find the speakers to be excellent for this type of device.

Boss would want more money for their speakers than the PB costs.
    homer1475 likes this.
    03-04-12 07:55 AM
    Boss would want more money for their speakers than the PB costs.
    Exactly. Bose audio quality doesn't match the price.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    03-04-12 09:13 AM
    I love the speakers too! Brought the PB along for holiday, turned up the volume at the hotel, and my parents thought I brought along portable speakers
    03-04-12 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD