the left speaker on my playbook stopped working.. I haven't dropped it or played the volume too loud or anything.

Somebody tell me this is a software bug or not any loose housing or anything hardware related - I'm not sure how the warranty works since I bought mine on eBay.. but it was BRAND NEW, nothing had been opened

I love my PB (
    12-29-11 05:12 AM
    the left speaker on my playbook stopped working.. I haven't dropped it or played the volume too loud or anything.

Somebody tell me this is a software bug or not any loose housing or anything hardware related - I'm not sure how the warranty works since I bought mine on eBay.. but it was BRAND NEW, nothing had been opened

I love my PB (
    Bought mine on EBay also. Had no problem registering it on the Blackberry.com site. Then you would have access to support.
    12-29-11 05:17 AM

I love my PB (
    Unfortunately it sounds like hardware...but you might try dorking around with the headphone jack there could be a mechanical switch in there that turns off the speakers that is not making contact...try inserting a plug and moving it around.

There is a great contact cleaner called deoxit...order on line or local electronics store if you have one.

deoxit.com.

I would contact the seller on ebay though, and paypal has buyer protection if you used that..

How sure are you that it was new- reputable dealer?

repackaged stuff gets unloaded on ebay all the time..
    good luck!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-29-11 at 05:42 AM.
    STARSCR34M likes this.
    12-29-11 05:37 AM
    thank you!! Messing around with the headphone jack did the trick! Well, for now at least.. I hope it stays like this or I'll go with customer support. I just officially registered my PB on the BB website and turns out I've got 35 days of warranty left!! Lucky me
    12-29-11 06:11 AM
    thank you!! Messing around with the headphone jack did the trick! Well, for now at least.. I hope it stays like this or I'll go with customer support. I just officially registered my PB on the BB website and turns out I've got 35 days of warranty left!! Lucky me
    Then put it through its paces and keep testing the speakers and headphone jack.

Actually, the warranty to the original purchaser should be a year but with ebay, who knows. But the pb has not even been out a year so the warranty could be till April (again, ebay may affect that). There is a separate 90 days of free tech support which may be what they are counting?????
    12-29-11 09:56 AM
    Then put it through its paces and keep testing the speakers and headphone jack.

Actually, the warranty to the original purchaser should be a year but with ebay, who knows. But the pb has not even been out a year so the warranty could be till April (again, ebay may affect that). There is a separate 90 days of free tech support which may be what they are counting?????
    Speaking of support, that is another area RIM needs to rethink. Paying to talk to someone on the phone is terrible and should only be a charge outside of the 1 year warranty not free 90 days.
    12-29-11 11:06 AM
    Speaking of support, that is another area RIM needs to rethink. Paying to talk to someone on the phone is terrible and should only be a charge outside of the 1 year warranty not free 90 days.
    I'd definitely agree. It confuses folks who do have warranty issues. They think they will have to pay to determine if there is a problem that is warranty issue.
    12-29-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD