While surfing the web on my PC I stumbled across a cool chess game at Play Chess Online - The Premier Free Online Multiplayer Flash Chess Game. However, when I try to access that website on my Playbook, I get redirected to a special Playbook web page that wants me to buy SparkChess in AppWorld and refuses to let me play online. Has anyone else ever run into anything like this?
    10-17-12 09:58 PM
    Try using Simple Browser and set the user agent to firefox or IE
    Herve5 and tkdc926 like this.
    10-17-12 10:58 PM
    That worked! Thank you!
    10-17-12 11:10 PM
    SparkChess is actually a fairly high-quality application. I just finished playing in the web browser (Play Chess Online - The Premier Free Online Multiplayer Flash Chess Game) and am considering buying the native version for the BlackBerry PlayBook but the price seems a little much for a game which cannot be played against another person unless you choose the on-line player mode.
    10-18-12 12:55 AM
    I agree with BB 9700, for $7 they should be able to provide a "pass & play" mode so you can play against someone in person, not just online.

I have this game and really enjoy it. With pass & play mode, I would enjoy it a lot more, and would recommend it to my friends more.
    10-18-12 09:53 AM
    The best chess app by far for the PB (player against computer) is the free Mobialia chess app available from Goodereader.com. It's flexible, strong, great graphics and very easy to use. Must be sideloaded.
    10-18-12 10:29 PM