Was wondering if anyone has gotten the soundcloud player to actually work on the Playbook browser?

The website loads fine but clicking play doesn't do anything...
    05-29-11 02:11 AM
    Naww, doesn't seem to work for me either. Like you can't push the play button.
    05-29-11 03:05 AM
    has anyone got soundcloud tracks to play?
    06-19-11 04:39 PM
    i cant push play button
    06-19-11 05:19 PM
    I have just spoken with someone on the help team, they said it was because of the file format soundcloud uses. She is going to tell the development team who will hopefully come up with a fix.
    06-20-11 09:49 AM
    06-24-11 04:48 PM
    soundcloud mobile is pretty cool but not perfect. You can't really see the controls, unless I'm missing something?

I've been thinking of developing an app to take advantage of their API but I haven't had much time for personal projects lately...
    06-24-11 05:59 PM
    wow, the new BB OS7 phones play soundcloud files, and i am pretty sure i was on the actual site and not the mobile site...but i will verify this later tonight...
    09-09-11 03:49 PM
    i managed to get soundcloud to playonce on my pb. I tapped vigerously for 10mins,no exageration, and it was a final swipe across the play button that initiated play, skipped alot. if possible just download track. youtube2mp3 works wonders...

edit.. dont we have an app for that??? Im sure there was an app that used soundcloud feeds?
    09-09-11 03:58 PM
    I've gotten it to work. I pressed play and it played normally..it was 2 OS updates ago, so maybe something about 1.0.7.2942 made it unable to play.
    09-09-11 04:33 PM
    tried regular soundcloud page on Bold 9900 again last night and it always plays...sounds good on the phone's speakers too...hope this works easily in the near future...
    09-10-11 08:51 AM
    i managed to get soundcloud to playonce on my pb. I tapped vigerously for 10mins,no exageration, and it was a final swipe across the play button that initiated play, skipped alot. if possible just download track. youtube2mp3 works wonders...

edit.. dont we have an app for that??? Im sure there was an app that used soundcloud feeds?
    Mielophone can use soundcloud feeds (you have to tell it to after download though as RIM wouldn't allow the developer to include the capability)...
    09-10-11 10:42 AM
    SoundCloud, both the normal SoundCloud and the SoundCloud Mobile sites work great in my 9930's browser. However, it's strange that they don't work on my Playbook's. I've only had luck with the mobile site, and even then it's intermittent... Funny how my phone has a better browser than my tablet.
    12-09-11 03:54 AM
    Sound cloud mobile worked like a charm on my playbook. Just make sure that java is enabled for the browser. Enjoy...
    12-10-11 02:52 AM
    Sound cloud mobile worked like a charm on my playbook. Just make sure that java is enabled for the browser. Enjoy...
    Except its not enjoyable at all. Soundcloud has amazing apps for both iOS (iphone & ipad) and android.

SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I use soundcloud all of the time and love having my various devices being able to directly record and send to soundcloud for quick ideas, not to mention each app is specficially designed for the size and UI of the device. Unfortunately I don't see any dedicated app coming to the playbook.
    12-10-11 03:12 AM
    Was wondering if anyone has gotten the soundcloud player to actually work on the Playbook browser?

The website loads fine but clicking play doesn't do anything...
    I bought a Playbook last week and had the same problem. While logged in to a soundcloud account, I went to Settings for my page, then Extra, and found a little box under Experimental Features that allows you to check mark a box to use HTML 5 Audio which I did and now songs are playing for me so far using the regular site in the Playbook browser. I don't know squat about this stuff and was just impatiently messing around while waiting for the new OS upgrade. Experimental, try at your own risk, I s'pose.
    petealcock likes this.
    02-05-12 06:29 PM
    Thanks for sharing. This worked splendidly!
    03-20-12 08:02 PM
    Hey guys, lead dev from Domisy Dev here.

Lucky for you all, I've been hard at work on a Souncloud app for the playbook. I'm looking for a release date before June 22nd. So far it is looking quite nice, and I hope you guys will enjoy it using it! I'll make sure to post updates on a thread here on CB.

Thanks,
    Theo Mavrakis

Download Reddit in Motion by Domisy
    Free Reddit in Motion - Download Reddit in Motion - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    06-03-12 08:04 PM
    Thanks sooooo much - was affecting my enjoyment of PB.
    05-19-13 06:02 PM
    Stopped working weeks ago, like above before that it would take loads presses and play or time out.
    05-19-13 06:12 PM
    Ive had an app on my PlayBook for ages called "soundnine"
    Works well and integrates with the playbooks own media player.
    05-19-13 06:15 PM
    05-20-13 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD