I have to agree with a lot of posters here, the head of gaming is making an announcement regarding gaming. Yes Angry Birds Space has been available on other platforms for a few weeks already, but it's actually brilliant to see it was brought to the PlayBook incredibly quickly after and not to mention cheaper than the other versions.

Also the fact that RIM is engaging with it's users providing these updates and news tidbits is leaps and bounds ahead of how they previously were. Kudos to them for announcing it and darn well good on 'em for getting excited for it.

I'm glad the days of vague announcements on timescales for things is gone, much prefer them announcing things when they're ready. Not forgetting as well, but the announcement serves as a reminder for other Devs that there is interest in the QNX OS. RIM is getting smart and communicating in real time, with as many people as possible, to build the PlayBook OS. Well played.
    04-25-12 07:38 AM
    I'm not a fan of Angry Birds but I loaded Angry Birds space on my playbook this morning. My children have been hounding me for a month that they wanted it. I showed them this morning and they were literally jumping up and down with excitement.

So while this game is not a big deal for some it clearly is for others.
    04-25-12 08:11 AM
    At least We only waited one day for this, another RIM disappointment. I didn't buy an ipad, not a game-boy, not a song vi. I bought a PB, for communication with my peeps and keeping myself organized. So I got a little excited for nothing.

Hey, how about this RIM, why don't you improve the video camera?
    I'm guessing RIM is doing everything it can at this point to make their products better...
    ...And what we are seeing is really "everything they can currently do".
    ...Still no quick deposit app for a BB that I know of.
    04-25-12 09:57 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD