When I read that Netflix created an app for this, I was like, DUDE.... then I was like dude?. I'm going to check out the specs of LeapFrogs LeapPad and if it has netflix, I may drive to Los Gatos and Occupy Netflix. Who's with me?

It's not that netflix is all that great, but anyone else feel like the red headed step child? No offence to any step children, ginger or otherwise.
    RicThot likes this.
    02-27-12 10:22 AM
    My daugther has the LeapPad. I"m sure she would love to have Netflix for kids. lol Alas no internet connection means it's not going to happen. As to the Vita it's also getting Skype. Oh and my son and older daughter both have NetFlix on thier Nintendo 3DSs. lol
    02-27-12 10:24 AM
    Dude... enough already! NetFlix isn't that great to start with... give it up! NetFlix themselves confirmed that they have no interest in creating an app for the PB.
    02-27-12 10:31 AM
    Nahhh, we'll get netflix.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 10:38 AM
    Dude... enough already! NetFlix isn't that great to start with... give it up! NetFlix themselves confirmed that they have no interest in creating an app for the PB.
    Click to view quoted image
    I love the pict....

Personally, I would like to see BlockBuster develop an app for the PlayBook that would stream videos. I'm sick of waiting for new releases in the mail .. and would just like to stream them to my PlayBook and/or TV.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 10:49 AM
    Congratulation on completely missing the point of the post.

And if netflix is not important to "you" why ruin other peoples threads? It happens to be a service I use daily and would get benefit from if I could use the PB to view all my favorite History channel episodes
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-27-12 at 11:03 AM.
    02-27-12 10:57 AM
    LMFAO!!!!!! That's just how I feel.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 11:04 AM
    I guess I missed your original thoughts on the subject too.
    02-27-12 11:05 AM
    Cookies for all of you.

jtvoxboi, bobauckland and jthep like this.
    02-27-12 11:10 AM
    Is the point you are making that, while other devices have or are getting a Netflix app, the Playbook is not....so you are unhappy about it?
    If so, there are dozens of these threads here. If not, my apologies for the misunderstanding of your OP.
    02-27-12 11:20 AM
    Exact opposite. It's not that I'm unhappy, it's that I find it humorous. I'm glad to see that james got it.

At least we have fart apps.
    02-27-12 11:31 AM
    I know, you're pointing out that once again, another handheld device is getting an app that almost seems built to most other handheld devices but the frustration is there that it's not being offered on our playbook, which has a much better viewing screen and hdmi out and awesome speakers...

But the PSVita probably sold more units pre-launch than the pb might ever sell! It's a gaming device... our pb's are supposed to be business devices, with some entertainment added... that's why the pb won't attract as many buyers and that's why companies won't dedicate as much of their resources towards it.

Personally, I don't use my pb for business, I use it more for entertainment so it's kind of frustrating too. I know skype and netflix would function great on the device, but atleast I'm happy with the apps that I do have on it.
    02-27-12 11:37 AM
    Cookies for all of you.

I didn't' mean to hurt your feelings, but this NetFlix thing is getting really old. If you want to make a difference why don't you flood their inbox with app request for the PB, complaining about it here won't help since I highly doubt NetFlix employees come to this site.

Last edited by Willard814; 02-27-12 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add a comment
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    02-27-12 12:08 PM
    I'm going to check out the specs of LeapFrogs LeapPad and if it has netflix, I may drive to Los Gatos and Occupy Netflix. Who's with me?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best line of the week! Wow, my 18 months daughter would love netflix on her LeapPad
    02-27-12 12:14 PM
    I didn't' mean to hurt your feelings, but this NetFlix thing is getting really old. If you want to make a difference why don't you flood their inbox with app request for the PB, complaining about it here won't help since I highly doubt NetFlix employees come to this site.

No worries. You didn't hurt my feelings but as sick as you are about reading netflix posts, I'm sick of people posting how much they don't care about "X" and there for it shouldn't be important to anyone. I thought my post was light hearted enough to be entertaining.
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-27-12 at 12:38 PM.
    02-27-12 12:27 PM
    The people posting the 'I don't care about app xxx' are only doing it (more recently) as a reaction to the ridiculous number of posts from complainers posting (for the past 10 months) that they are missing the 'must have, can't do without app xxx' and which also apparently defines a tablets worth, in their opinion.
    02-27-12 12:42 PM
    I can't understand why the OP or anyone else for that matter is surprised by this. PS3/Sony has had Netflix support for a long time.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:09 PM
    Simple, have you seen what the Vita is? It has a 5" screen.
    02-27-12 01:42 PM
    the PSVita probably sold more units
    Bingo! netflix is making WAYYY to much $$$ on all the "popular" devices to give a s#�t about a device that has such a "relatively" small following compared to the more established devices :/ and they know half the PB owners that want a netflix app are most likely already paying for netflix so why would they bother until the playbook starts getting the recognition "I think" it deserves.. I'm sure it wouldn't even be that hard for them to do but until they know the playbook's here to stay... Idk... I won't go on my usual netflix rant again but.... FLASH+GOOGLE=PIRATE BOOTY! Dig around the interwebs a bit and you will find a he'll of a lot more content then netflix will EVER have.. Ever...
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:49 PM
    The people posting the 'I don't care about app xxx' are only doing it (more recently) as a reaction to the ridiculous number of posts from complainers posting (for the past 10 months) that they are missing the 'must have, can't do without app xxx' and which also apparently defines a tablets worth, in their opinion.
    The thread wasn't about not getting netflix, it was about what is getting apps like netflix. It was also a mock on the number of netflix threads and I thought it was rather funny, as did a hand full of others.

I was going create a thread comparing the Playbook to the LeapFrog LeapPad but I see the humor would be lost on this crowed. Maybe I'd have better luck in the Lenovo Thinkpad tablet forums. I hear those folks are a scream.
    Last edited by zorecati; 02-27-12 at 01:53 PM.
    02-27-12 01:50 PM
    The thread wasn't about not getting netflix, it was about what is getting apps like netflix. It was also a mock on the number of netflix threads and I thought it was rather funny, as did a hand full of others.

I was going create a thread comparing the Playbook to the LeapFrog LeapPad but I see the humor would be lost on this crowed. Maybe I'd have better luck in the Lenovo Thinkpad tablet forums. I hear those folks are a scream.
    If that's truly the case then you posted in the wrong Crackberry forum or you didn't require the redheaded stepchild comment (ie the playbook has been left out).
    As far as the number of Netflix posts go, well, you just added to the list (thanks) and it stopped being funny months ago...at least from my POV.

The next Netflix post anyone wants to see/read is "Netflix is now available for BB PB owners". Mind you, not me. I could care less about Netflix.
    02-27-12 01:58 PM

No offense but nothing about the OP is a mock of the other netflix threads lol It just looks like another fed up netflix fan post honestly.. Fair enough.. If I was paying for a service that could easily be developed into an app for the playbook id be sour to but it's just such a dead topic until an actual app is released. You had to see all these comments coming dude lol :/
    zorecati and Thachoc1 like this.
    02-27-12 02:10 PM
    If that's truly the case then you posted in the wrong Crackberry forum or you didn't require the redheaded stepchild comment (ie the playbook has been left out).
    As far as the number of Netflix posts go, well, you just added to the list (thanks) and it stopped being funny months ago...at least from my POV.

The next Netflix post anyone wants to see/read is "Netflix is now available for BB PB owners". Mind you, not me. I could care less about Netflix.
    You know what would stop netflix threads? If people like yourself would stop posting on them. This one is 2 pages long already and has been at the top all day. Good job.
    Alt-F4 and pmccartney like this.
    02-27-12 02:17 PM
    What frustrates me is sales wise, Playbook has a larger audience.

On December 17, 2011, the PlayStation Vita was launched in Japan with 325,000 units sold in the first few days after the launch. Sales dropped 78% in the 2nd week ending on December 25, 2011 to 74,000 units sold. PlayStation Vita sales continued to drop in subsequent weeks, reaching an all-time low of under 14,000 units in the 9th week ending February 15, 2012.

In the week of February 13, the PS Vita reached its lowest sales in a week in Japan, with only 12,309 units being sold, being behind its predecessor, the PSP (with 14,824).

No word yet on US launch but being a hardcore gamer I have one and it's a slick device. I have no need for Netflix (or Hulu) as I have terrabytes of media and streaming is less than ideal. Playbook with HDMI out is killer, add some more codec support and OTG for USB drives and Playbook would be the killer device for those that don't *cough* purchase content
    02-27-12 02:25 PM
    Sorry I can't help it, but at least on the Playbook, the Facebook app works very well. On my Vita...opps...can't download it as the app had problems and Sony pulled it
    02-27-12 02:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD