Yes the Playbook browser freezes every so often. It is annoying.

But damn! I have to remind myself not nearly as often as I see this: (attached) in Google Chrome!
    I thought it was my aging XP pro workstation.

I got a brand new Del T3500 Windows 7 Pro dual core workstation last week, 8G RAM, brand new installation of Chrome and it's worse than ever. Chrome froze twice while I was entering this thread. The scrolling is jumpy. Playbook has spoiled me for browsing.

Playook on wifi is faster than Chrome on a wired LAN connection, and far more stable.

Is it just me?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-25-11 at 10:57 PM.
    09-25-11 10:52 PM
    mmm.. yeah.. maybe browsing is faster... but.. in the end.. the PC always wins with the external mouse and keyboard.
    09-25-11 11:13 PM
    mmm.. yeah.. maybe browsing is faster... but.. in the end.. the PC always wins with the external mouse and keyboard.
    Unless you buy an external bluetooth mouse and keyboard
    And I hate not being able to swipe-scroll/finger/drag my desktop display - that mouse wheel feels so awkward and slow now.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-25-11 at 11:28 PM.
    09-25-11 11:25 PM
    I find that the browser just slows down at times. Keep the javascript and flash off make this thing soooooo quick if you don't need those. But it doesn't happen often, its like 1/100 clicks to a new page it slows down and takes a while. I just refresh again and its usually better.

Of course, restarting the browser app ALWAYS fixes the problem, but thats annoying to do at times.

I use Chrome too, and it has its issues at times (rarely for me), but I swear its much much better than crappy internet explorer. I never ever have a good experience with Microsoft's browser.

My desktop is very very fast with webpages using Chrome, especially with flash and javascript stuff because of the quad-core 3Ghz amazingness.
    09-25-11 11:43 PM
    Something we'll never see on PlayBook. . .a Kindle app?
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-11 11:56 PM
    I find that the browser just slows down at times. Keep the javascript and flash off make this thing soooooo quick if you don't need those. But it doesn't happen often, its like 1/100 clicks to a new page it slows down and takes a while. I just refresh again and its usually better.

Of course, restarting the browser app ALWAYS fixes the problem, but thats annoying to do at times.

I use Chrome too, and it has its issues at times (rarely for me), but I swear its much much better than crappy internet explorer. I never ever have a good experience with Microsoft's browser.

My desktop is very very fast with webpages using Chrome, especially with flash and javascript stuff because of the quad-core 3Ghz amazingness.
    Thanks - maybe something wrong with my system then, chrome has been crashing way too much for a new installation. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this - but for sure Playbook has spoiled me for browsing - a simple flick sends it scrolling - the speed of the flick controls the speed of the scroll then slows down and settles to about where I intended it to go, instead of "scroll wheel, scroll wheel scroll wheel scroll wheel....." how archaic. Flick! love it.
    09-26-11 12:11 AM
    Chrome barely ever crashes on my MacBook Pro. It's only happened a few times.
    howarmat likes this.
    09-26-11 01:08 AM
    Chrome barely ever crashes on my MacBook Pro. It's only happened a few times.
    Same. Running 10.6.8. And Chrome latest.
    09-26-11 02:19 AM
    I think I just figured out it isn't chrome, at all - it's crackberry!
    No other site stalls, crashes like crackberry does...happens in explorer also. hmm server problems lately? Gaining too many new playbook owners?
    Well thanks for the input - die thread die!
    09-26-11 04:40 AM
    I think I just figured out it isn't chrome, at all - it's crackberry!
    No other site stalls, crashes like crackberry does...happens in explorer also. hmm server problems lately? Gaining too many new playbook owners?
    Well thanks for the input - die thread die!
    +1

Totally agree, it took several refreshes just to see this thread.
    Last edited by Sgian_Dubh; 09-26-11 at 04:50 AM.
    09-26-11 04:48 AM
    You will not see it because when the browser errors it crashes and the window closes immediately...
    howarmat likes this.
    09-26-11 04:55 AM
    i dont even get that with crackberry using chrome. Everyone complains about this site but i rarely have issues. I do have alot of crap blocked though so maybe that is why is works well
    09-26-11 04:57 AM
    I've found it's the ads on crackberry. They can be ****.
    09-26-11 06:23 AM
    An SD card port? I wish the PB had one, thats the only thing missing.
    09-26-11 08:28 AM
    Something we'll never see on PlayBook. . .a Kindle app?
    Thanks for the first chuckle, an audible chuckle, of the day. Obviously, he trolls for negative vibes.
    09-26-11 09:23 AM
    Crackberry is also slow and choppy for me using IE8 on a desktop.
    09-26-11 10:22 AM
    Thanks for the first chuckle, an audible chuckle, of the day. Obviously, he trolls for negative vibes.
    Trolls for? You mean provides negative vibes, right?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-26-11 at 10:32 AM.
    09-26-11 10:24 AM
    You will not see it because when the browser errors it crashes and the window closes immediately...
    I've seen it freeze at about 80 percent of loading often- normally pressing the reload kick starts it- so it's not a crash.

I've only seen it do what you describe (close and disappear) a very few times. If it's going to crash I prefer it do it right away as playbook does, instead of keeping you guessing like chrome does - you get an hourglass or circle of death for what seems like forever, until eventually it brings up the wait/kill dialog. Neither option is a good one. If you're going to crash, crash! Stop wasting my time wondering.
    09-26-11 10:30 AM
    i dont even get that with crackberry using chrome. Everyone complains about this site but i rarely have issues. I do have alot of crap blocked though so maybe that is why is works well
    Are you using an iPad with no flash?
    09-26-11 10:33 AM
    Are you using an iPad with no flash?
    im using IE7, Chrome, Firefix, Dolphin HD and stock transformer browser. Crackberry has never been a huge issue. Never tried on an ipad actually
    09-26-11 10:43 AM
    im using IE7, Chrome, Firefix, Dolphin HD and stock transformer browser. Crackberry has never been a huge issue. Never tried on an ipad actually
    Anyone with Windows 7/chrome having chrome/crackberry issues?
    09-26-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD