So I just got my playbook a couple of days ago..woot! And after a few hours of messing around with it I am pleased at its potential. One thing I found striking was the lack of classic BB keyboard shortcuts like autocaps at a start of a sentence, double space for a period and the usual autotext corrections.

The lack of these features were even more glaring when I used BBM on the Playbook and somehow those features were working again. Did the Playbook somehow import my BBs keyboard features when I'm using Bridge?

Why isn't this the default keyboard and why isn't only when I'm using it with BBM and not when I'm writing an email using Bridge? Am I missing something?

Also excited that I can watch my Amazon prime shows and movies using the Playbooks browser. Unfortunately it only works when I'm on my home wifi network as the 3G speed of my 9700 isn't fast enough. Has anybody tried this with the new 4G BBs? I'm on Tmobiles network.
    09-06-11 07:08 PM
    welcome danielcj, as you can tell the playbook is still an infant with great potential. most of us are making the best of the situation and trying to be patient. Some of us just rant and scream. Go to the stickies and leave your suggestions for improvements there. Is 4G a reality yet? Itbought it was just a capability, but I'm old and slow.
    09-06-11 07:18 PM
    Autotext and/or spellcheck are missing in various of the apps. And while autotext ( PERIOD SPACE SPACE) and CAPS might work in some places it won't in others and it does NOT appear to use your settings/substitutions but some predetermined ones. I've tried using some of my defined autotext and they do NOT work (I don't use bbm so maybe that works differently).

The absence has been discussed over and over in various threads. Word-to-go will show a miss-spelling but not offer suggestions!
    09-06-11 08:58 PM
    it does offer corrections in word to go. atleast mine does... and yes it is still in its infancy.. no device was launched perfect... it will only get better with time
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-07-11 02:21 AM
    I'm still a little confuse as to why the keyboard isn't consistent throughout. You would think that it is built into the OS.

Anyway, anybody tried watching movies while bridged to their 3G BBs?
    09-07-11 07:55 PM
    Bridge will not "share" video or music from a bb to the pb.
    09-07-11 09:23 PM
    i have a curve 3g and depending on signal i can watch the bbc iplayer fine with no lag at all

it does help that our office is so close to the nearest cell mast that i can cook my dinner in the radiation (tin foil hats all the way!) but id imagine if you have a good signal it'll work fine.

the other half has tried getting on youtube while we were driving down the motorway but it was a bit laggy in places (then again theres complete blackspots on the a1 where even voice calls drop out so, cant blame the phone/pb for that)
    09-08-11 02:30 AM
    I believe the bottleneck when using your BB as your data connection is that the connection between your PB and BB is Bluetooth. No matter how fast your BB wireless connection is, it is the Bluetooth speed that limits how fast your PB data connection works. So upgrading to a faster BB won't do much for your PB.
    09-08-11 05:05 AM
    hmm thats interesting. but ive read others who have streamed videos on 3g and 4g.
    09-08-11 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD