http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/07/mountain-lion-cord-cutting/

What is so special about this new Apple OS TV function, when I can plug my PlayBook into the lcd tv I already own and watch internet video on any website, those which allows it. The only issue are streaming video providers who won't allow their services to use pb even if i pay because they are locked into deals with Apple and others to make make it proprietary.
    07-28-12 07:06 AM
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/07/mountain-lion-cord-cutting/

What is so special about this new Apple OS TV function, when I can plug my PlayBook into the lcd tv I already own and watch internet video on any website, those which allows it. The only issue are streaming video providers who won't allow their services to use pb even if i pay because they are locked into deals with Apple and others to make make it proprietary.
    those are 2 key points there. This is a wireless connection between your laptop which has complete access to everything and apple TV. Its not huge IMO but it just another step in making the iOS/Apple platform better. RIM is doing the same thing with OS10. They are making a platform that will extend to home media too I would think.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-12 07:23 AM
    those are 2 key points there. This is a wireless connection between your laptop which has complete access to everything and apple TV. Its not huge IMO but it just another step in making the iOS/Apple platform better. RIM is doing the same thing with OS10. They are making a platform that will extend to home media too I would think.
    I have to admit WIRELESS is wonderful. Now pb does not have it when connecting to a tv so I can't comment but the fact that I do most of my file transfers to/from the pb using wifi-sharing and not having to use the usb cable is terrific MAGIC. I now use Filescout on my bb phone to perform similar file transfers although limited to getting only one file at a time from the phone but can send more than one file to the phone.

Hopefully, rim can implement more wireless power in their devices.
    07-28-12 09:25 AM
    Good points but a Playbook with a Blackbery phone, you have wireless connectivity? Hook up your Playbook to your TV via hdmi, then control your PB with your BB phone?
    07-29-12 07:39 AM
    its not the same, the playbook is still not a macbook/laptop
    07-29-12 07:58 PM
    its not the same, the playbook is still not a macbook/laptop
    Yeah, the Playbook wasn't manufactured by child labour whereas Apple products are. LOL sorry couldn't resist.
    07-29-12 08:14 PM
    And if you jailbreak your iPhone, you can get even pay-per-view for free through your Apple TV. Does this remind anyone of anything?
    07-29-12 08:22 PM
    Yeah, the Playbook wasn't manufactured by child labour whereas Apple products are. LOL sorry couldn't resist.
    Couldn't resist looking like a fool?
    Quanta assembles the Playbook. And guess what...they also assemble the majority of Apple's products.
    07-29-12 08:47 PM
    I'm sorry but this feature is completely useless when you have to buy a 100$ product to be able to use it..

Apple as usual is going in for the first move advantage and trying to make it look like they invented wireless play on HDTV whereas RIM and Google are trying to make this into an every household thing by utilizing existing devices such as Routers, Playstations, SmartTV, DLNA HDTV, Laptops, etc.

If I have to spend additional 100$ to my existing setup to make it wireless.. It's really not a big deal.

And YES, Bridge Remote and PB docked to HDMI HDTV is Better than AppleTV Mirroring.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-30-12 12:06 AM
    Couldn't resist looking like a fool?
    Quanta assembles the Playbook. And guess what...they also assemble the majority of Apple's products.
    Definition of HUMOR
    1 a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph) b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity

2a in medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids entering into the constitution of the body and determining by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament b : characteristic or habitual disposition or bent : temperament <of cheerful humor> c : an often temporary state of mind imposed especially by circumstances <was in no humor to listen> d : a sudden, unpredictable, or unreasoning inclination : whim <the uncertain humors of nature>

3a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing
    07-30-12 01:16 AM
    Haha it was funny for me!
    07-30-12 01:19 AM
    Definition of HUMOR
    1 a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph) b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity

2a in medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids entering into the constitution of the body and determining by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament b : characteristic or habitual disposition or bent : temperament <of cheerful humor> c : an often temporary state of mind imposed especially by circumstances <was in no humor to listen> d : a sudden, unpredictable, or unreasoning inclination : whim <the uncertain humors of nature>

3a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing
    Must have missed the humorous part, I saw it more along the lines of:

Trolling - Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness.

So successful troll or unsuccessful humour from my PoV. I don't find child labour or accusations of it very funny, and if someone does, they've probably got some issues.
    07-30-12 06:53 AM
    OMG we've got a troll in here! OMG APPLE S*CKS
    07-30-12 07:35 AM
    Sadly,

Its never been about who makes something better or who made it first... Its all about marketing.

Look at SMART Technologies new product Freestorm or Firestorm or something. After years of developing and marketing they release this product... its the same products it used to be just with a new buzz word and bigger cost.

Its just a way to keep selling us on stuff we already have and just don't always realize.
    07-30-12 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD