1. turn off facebook's GPS function
    which is located at setting--->security--->application permissions---->Facebook--->GPS location, choose "Denied"
    2. At setting, turn on "automatic backlight dimming", change backlight time-out to 30 second, and standby time-out to 1 minute.
    3. turn off wifi when you stand by your device and also background app, epeically the android app,
    4. download ghost commander,
    uncheck "use GPS Satellites,-----here are steps to turn this function off,
    click ghost commander--->Applications--->hold settings section until you see a box pop out then click "launch "settings"----->Location&Security-----Uncheck "use GPS Satellites"

My Playbook's batter last much long than ever, after this changes.
    Give it a try.
    Last edited by Hongwu6; 02-28-12 at 12:03 PM.
    zc2com, rs422a, Chaddface and 7 others like this.
    02-28-12 12:01 PM
    Also go into video chat and disable "available" in the drop down swipe.
    suzieque likes this.
    02-28-12 12:04 PM
    Just to add to number 2-
    Turn down screen brightness.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-28-12 12:14 PM
    Let me guess, one trick is turning off spell check?
    02-28-12 12:14 PM
    I read over in the BB support knowledge base that one solution to battery drain in 2, is to acknowledge the Video Chat user aggrement. Eveidently if this isn't done, the sub-routine continually polls for it in the background. How weird is that?
    02-28-12 12:18 PM
    Give the guy a break. I don't think English is his native language.
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    02-28-12 12:19 PM
    I read over in the BB support knowledge base that one solution to battery drain in 2, is to acknowledge the Video Chat user aggrement. Eveidently if this isn't done, the sub-routine continually polls for it in the background. How weird is that?
    I could be wrong but I think RIM fixed that.
    02-28-12 12:21 PM
    Where can I find this acknowledgment?
    02-28-12 12:51 PM
    As Chaddface suggested, this was definitely fixed, early last summer (around 1.0.3 or earlier), and has not been reported as a problem for anyone since then. There have also been no known cases of any other "EULA" or similar agreements causing this problem since then, so the advice is obsolete. (Even if it is still in RIM's KnowledgeBase page somewhere.)
    taylor96 and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-28-12 01:10 PM
    Where can I find this acknowledgment?
    It's mentioned here but not for 2.0
    KB26855-The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet battery drains faster than normal or has irregular fluctuations in the battery level 0 2089250645
    02-28-12 01:13 PM
    As Chaddface suggested, this was definitely fixed, early last summer (around 1.0.3 or earlier), and has not been reported as a problem for anyone since then. There have also been no known cases of any other "EULA" or similar agreements causing this problem since then, so the advice is obsolete. (Even if it is still in RIM's KnowledgeBase page somewhere.)
    I agree. I've never used Video Chat---never even invoked the app, much less dealt with the dreaded EULA. And my standby consumption is only about 1/2% per hour.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-28-12 01:43 PM
    I apologize if I gave erroneous information. This KB is dated Jan. 3rd so I thought it may apply.

KB26855-The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet battery drains faster than normal or has irregular fluctuations in the battery level
    02-28-12 02:03 PM
    #1 applies to Evernote as well. Possibly other apps you have.
    02-28-12 03:01 PM
    I apologize if I gave erroneous information. This KB is dated Jan. 3rd so I thought it may apply.

KB26855-The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet battery drains faster than normal or has irregular fluctuations in the battery level
    No problem, and it still has some valid content. The EULA stuff applies to anyone still running 1.0.1 or so and RIM's records probably show there are at least a few of those still out there and it's pretty harmless to leave the advice there.

It looks to me like the Jan update was to add the note about the lighting bolt icon at the bottom.
    02-29-12 06:11 AM
    No4.. What for ?
    02-29-12 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD