Just got an email from Box saying that they have upped the maximum file size that can be stored there from 100 MB to 250 MB. I just successfully uploaded a 200 MB file to confirm this. Makes Box a bit more useful now.
    12-13-12 04:50 PM
    I've been meaning to actually using my account since i have 50GB free. 250MB file size is huge. thanks OP!
    12-13-12 05:24 PM
    This is good news. I use box a lot and having a bigger file limit is definitely welcomed.

Tapatalking
    12-13-12 05:41 PM
    Whats box?
    12-13-12 05:41 PM
    Great news, I use Box for my company cloud and it works fine, I haven't received the email yet but I'm gonna take your word for it, we'll not really hehehe I'll check it out tomorrow!!
    12-13-12 06:21 PM
    Sweet wish there was an app for bbos but then again I won't be using bbos much longer
    12-13-12 07:25 PM
    Okay, I have a question: How slow is uploading stuff to Box? When I first got it, I tried loading a folder of pictures. It was taking hours. It could take more than forever to upload music and photos. I would guess that my dsl is not the fastest so that may be the issue but I did not think it was worth dealing with.
    12-13-12 10:30 PM
    Okay, I have a question: How slow is uploading stuff to Box? When I first got it, I tried loading a folder of pictures. It was taking hours. It could take more than forever to upload music and photos. I would guess that my dsl is not the fastest so that may be the issue but I did not think it was worth dealing with.
    Honestly in my case box has been fast for me. It's been about the same with dropbox uploading for me. Then again the biggest files I've uploaded haven't been that big. I just put small video files, docs and pictures in mine and it has been fast uploading.

Tapatalking
    12-13-12 10:59 PM
    What is the compare/contrast between Box and SugarSync? I got that email, too. Also talked about all new Android app with new features, and I believe the PlayBook app is ported Android, right? Wonder if we will get fresh PlayBook features or wait for BB10 on PlayBook with Box integration + native app?

Signed up for both when I got my PlayBook and have been using SugarSync, mostly for work files, few work related pictures, and few small videos. Thinking Box may be worth a try, too, seeing as how there was a recent BlackBerry 4Biz note discussing Box's "deep integration" into BB10.
    12-13-12 11:24 PM
    Love this, use box for all personal needs like school, notes etc ... yet kept file size to a minimum but now, second free 50 gb box account here we go
    12-13-12 11:47 PM
    Seems many of the cloud servers are getting more generous with the free space. I picked up 50 Gig on Dropbox, another 10 on Sugar Sync, if I add more from Box....
    12-14-12 12:16 AM
    You got me thinking, and I've got some time on my hands, so I ran a test to compare the download and upload speeds of my various cloud accounts. All accounts are free, and the times are to upload and download two different video files, each being 25 MB in size. As you can see, Dropbox had the fastest upload times while Skydrive had the fastest download times. Box didn't fare so well. All times are in minutes and seconds. Your times may vary.

.........................................Upload 1..................Upload 2.........................Download 1.................Download 2
    BOX ................................... 2:48..........................2:47................ .................0:48............................. 0:48
    Dropbox...............................1:42........ .................1:42............................. ....0:23.............................0:23
    Skydrive...............................2:23....... ..................2:29............................ .....0:18.............................0:17
    Sugarsync...........................2:30.......... ...............2:30............................... ..1:37.............................1:28
    Google Drive........................1:58................. ........2:00.................................0:20. ............................0:20
    DC506, DocDRM, Angus_CB and 1 others like this.
    12-14-12 01:22 AM
    Pacoman:

Thanks. I should run a test too. I know I have "cheap" or should I say a slow dsl account and should be shopping around (as soon as I move a number of email contacts to other places).
    12-14-12 08:41 AM
    Can you share BOX with mulitple devices? Or is that still not possible?
    12-14-12 08:50 AM
    Yes you can. I use the same account with several computers, a BB Torch and the Playbook.
    12-14-12 02:24 PM
    OK. So I had some more time on my hands. I have a total of 10 (yes ten) apps on my PB that can access Box, so I decided to test the upload speeds to Box using each app to see if there was much of a difference. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, there was. Now if you're just uploading a handful of pictures or a few mp3 files, the difference may not matter much, but if you want to upload 10 or 12 camera videos to Box, each averaging 200 MB or so, the difference may be significant. Anyhow, the test was the same,- upload one 25 MB video file using each app and see how long it takes. Two of the 10 apps, the android browsers Maxthon and Dolphin, basically didn't work, so I didn't list them. The app Air Browser is NOT the file browser by the same name but is rather the internet browser that someone extracted from the BB10 development alpha and which is essentially the same as the PB stock Browser. Opera Browser was run from my desktop PC, which is not on wifi but is directly connected to my router, and I used this time to serve as a benchmark. The results I got were as follows-

Opera Desktop.............1:50

Box app.........................2:12
    Air Browser...................2:14
    Secure Browser...........2:14
    Browser........................2:15
    Simple Browser+..........2:15
    ES File Explorer............2:43
    X-Plore File Manager....2:48
    Files and Folders..........4:10

Now these are upload speeds only. Obviously, uploading from my PC (non wifi) produced the fastest times The Box app had the fastest upload time for PB apps, but only marginally faster that the PB's native browsers. The Box app is limited, though, in that you can only upload one file at a time, while the native internet browsers allow uploading multiple files at once. The file browsers (ES, X-Plore, and F&F) have the added benefit of allowing you to upload folders, not just files. Why F&F fared so poorly, I don't know, but I repeated the test with it and it did no better the second time. Anyone is welcome to repeat my tests, or to test other cloud services or apps and report back here.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-12 04:09 PM
    Pacoman:

Thanks. I should run a test too. I know I have "cheap" or should I say a slow dsl account and should be shopping around (as soon as I move a number of email contacts to other places).
    How is your upload to anything else? Could just be that slow dsl.
    12-14-12 04:20 PM
    How is your upload to anything else? Could just be that slow dsl.
    Slow. I have not run one of those internet tests is a while.
    12-14-12 05:34 PM