Just happened to have The Ellen Show on and she was showing everyone her new Playbook from BestBuy. Then she hauled out a cart with 400 more for her audience members and guest Tina Fey.

Apparently BB didn't mess up her order!
    04-19-11 02:46 PM
    Wonder how many of those receiving them will put them to good use and how many will ebay them?....and I wonder how many of those units will work properly, given all the horror stories here today.
    04-19-11 02:49 PM
    She tweeted this out earlier -

I'm loving my new @Blackberry Playbook from Best Buy & I have a few extras here that I want to give away to y'all! Giveaways - The Ellen DeGeneres Show
    04-19-11 03:00 PM
    I think the majority of them will work just fine like mine does. And I guess "good use" is subjective. I think the PB will be showing up in lots of places loved by lots of people.
    04-19-11 03:01 PM
    Is she trying to be the next Oprah
    I wonder is she going to 1099 the people who received them.

I'd take one if it was given to me
    04-19-11 03:02 PM
    Hasnt aired here in the West Coast - but heres the vid

04-19-11 03:58 PM
    Yea I'm sure you "just happened" to have Ellen on, LOL!

but, that's great, nice job RIM

Oh and that's probably where mine went, seeing how mine hasn't even shipped yet from BB...
    04-19-11 04:17 PM
    Considering it is pretty much worthless to anyone with a BB, expect most of those to be on ebay tonight.
    I think you meant WITHOUT a BB.
    04-19-11 04:17 PM
    [QUOTE=dave1812;6242265]I think you meant WITHOUT a BB.[/QUOTE

He's got a I-phone what else would u expect
    yitsy and Intosh like this.
    04-19-11 04:19 PM
    Well he might be right about some AT&T users LOL

Seriously though I've got till Saturday to make up my mind. My brother's last day there if I want to use his discount and a coupon. I don't have a BB and won't be getting one so the bridge means nothing to me. I do need to know aif the native PIM will include activesync
    04-19-11 04:27 PM
    Correct. Bad typo, bad typo.
    I think I'll enjoy mine (that I'm getting as a dev) without having a BB, especially since Bridge seems to be somewhat unfinished. I tried one out in the store, and despite it having .1563 or something and the settings app not working (or WiFi, because of the settings app), I loved it.
    04-19-11 04:44 PM
    [QUOTE=Slammer;6242275]
    I think you meant WITHOUT a BB.[/QUOTE

He's got a I-phone what else would u expect
    HAHA!!!! LOL!
    04-19-11 04:50 PM
    [QUOTE=ScottsdaleHokie;6242430]

Sorry, but I like things that just work out of the box. I don't want to mess around with it for hours on end just to get it working right.
    When an iDevice doesn't work correctly, generally one is at the mercy of Apple to get out an update--something that can takes months. I've had to avoid quite a few iterations of iOS to keep my touchs working well. E.G., I'm running 4.2.1 because it's stable.
    04-19-11 04:56 PM

Sorry, but I like things that just work out of the box. I don't want to mess around with it for hours on end just to get it working right.
    Well, you don't seem to be spending much time enjoying the things that work out of the box since you are spending your time here trolling.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    04-19-11 05:02 PM
    Considering it is pretty much worthless to anyone without a BB, expect most of those to be on ebay tonight.
    you think everyone buy the PB because they already have a BB? That is total BS.
    04-19-11 05:05 PM

Except for a cellular antenna. They're not that important and I'm sure Apple will perfect a way to solder via software update to fix that right up for you.
    04-19-11 05:09 PM
    There really is no reason for anyone else to buy it.
    My boss owns nothing but Apple (and he buys EVERYTHING that comes out) after playing with my PlayBook he went out and bought one. I love my Apple products but don't be ignorant about anything else on the market.
    andyahs and narci like this.
    04-19-11 05:18 PM

I think you have Blackberry and Android confused. Unless u are referring to Android? Did u leave something out of your sentence again??
    04-19-11 05:38 PM
    Not ignorant, I've read what the PB does, and more importantly what it doesn't do, and there really is no reason to own one unless you have a BB to pair it with.
    i read what the iphone does and doesnt do, the PB has an alarm that WORKS with DST so its already a step ahead of anything apple

seriously though if ya dont like it then why come on pb forums? seems a little strange behaviour to me
    04-19-11 05:41 PM

So...inflatable dolls, yes and electronic gizmos no?
    04-19-11 05:44 PM
    Originally Posted by Slammer

FYI I didnt post this.. Dont know why my name is on the quote??
    04-19-11 06:15 PM
    Not ignorant, I've read what the PB does, and more importantly what it doesn't do, and there really is no reason to own one unless you have a BB to pair it with.
    I guess you're right, because I have no reason to purchase a Playbook since I don't have a BB... except when I surf the web on the go via hotspots or on the couch at home, watch movies and listen to music while on my train commute, read e-books, play some games, etc. Yep, I can't do anything with it without having a BB.

Does this assumption also apply to the wifi-only iPad? I guess you can't do anything with it without a BB or iPhone as well.
    04-19-11 06:17 PM

Maybe you should actually pick one up and try it out before making that conclusion?
    04-19-11 06:31 PM
    I'm shocked AT&T blocked the bridge. I expected verizon to do that but my 9550 paired just fine. Now we need BBM.
    04-19-11 06:42 PM
    Yea I'm sure you "just happened" to have Ellen on, LOL!

but, that's great, nice job RIM

Oh and that's probably where mine went, seeing how mine hasn't even shipped yet from BB...
    Seriously... I almost never have my TV on during the day. BUT, this afternoon I was so exhausted from staying up late tracking all the Playbook drama and getting up really early to go pick mine up, I laid down on the sofa for a few minutes and turned on the TV which was on the channel for Ellen. She opened up with the Playbook and going through some fan emails on it which immediately caught my attention.

I do like her show however but just never been a daytime TV watcher. But my first thought was... so THAT's why our Playbooks are backordered! lol
    04-19-11 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD