I just ordered the rapid Charger today and just realized that it might not work with my BlackBerry soft shell case. Does anyone know rapid Charger will work with soft shell case or not?

Thanks
    05-12-12 01:42 AM
    Nope... the PB needs to fit very snug into the charger.

That being said, I have both the BB Soft Shell and Convertible cases and it takes about half a second to remove each one, and there really is no hassle/downside to removing it and charging it, then putting it back on.

The Soft Shell is PERFECT for getting extra protection and adding minimum bulk. If you dont need a stand for using it then my personal 'go to' setup is screen protector protecting the front and SS protecting the back. Obviously you have to know how you use it... I never store my PB in the same pouch/bag as keys or other sharp things, so the screen protector is perfect.

*** Also, a little 'hack' that I figured out is that if you dont have /want a screen protector you can remove the SS and put it on backwards (so that it protects the screen) when you are storing or carrying it, then switch it to the back when you use it. TWO protectors FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
    05-12-12 01:52 AM

*** Also, a little 'hack' that I figured out is that if you dont have /want a screen protector you can remove the SS and put it on backwards (so that it protects the screen) when you are storing or carrying it, then switch it to the back when you use it. TWO protectors FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
    That's a nice tip. Thanks but I don't like the idea of removing and put it back on the soft shell case frequently because it might get lose and will not fit perfectly later on.
    05-12-12 04:44 AM
    I'm pretty sad that blackberry soft shell case will not work with blackberry charging pod or rapid charger. Is there any mods that I can do so that rapid charger will work with soft shell case? I don't understand why the rapid charger plug has to be sideways.
    05-12-12 04:49 AM
    It just doesn't work it's too tight to fit in the charging pod to let it charge.
    Other work around is cut out the material from the softshell to make it work.
    But i don't think that would be a good idea to do so.
    05-12-12 06:00 AM
    I'm pretty sad that blackberry soft shell case will not work with blackberry charging pod or rapid charger. Is there any mods that I can do so that rapid charger will work with soft shell case? I don't understand why the rapid charger plug has to be sideways.
    I don't have the soft shell case but it should work with the corded rapid charger. I have a convertible case on one PB and the corded rapid charger works fine with that.
    aznspiki likes this.
    05-12-12 08:29 AM
    I have a rapid charger and both a blue and black softshell case. The rapid charger works fine with both. The only time i need to take off the case is when I use my rapid charge dock.
    aznspiki likes this.
    05-12-12 08:49 AM
    I have a rapid charger and both a blue and black softshell case. The rapid charger works fine with both. The only time i need to take off the case is when I use my rapid charge dock.
    Thanks for the information. I already ordered the rapid charger and can't wait to receive it.
    05-13-12 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD