RIM announced ages ago that it was coming to the playbook. It's still not here. Why does RIM insist on making us wait ages for pretty much everything that has to do with the playbook? (Apps, updates, decent games)

Angry birds has been available on other platforms for AGES now. What is the hold up with making a playbook port? Since the playbook is much higher speced than almost every other tablet on the market it doesn't seem like it would be much of an issue to even do a quick sloppy port of it.
    06-11-11 05:50 AM
    Maybe they want to make it perfect.

Plus. Rovio is making it, not RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 05:57 AM
    You can play angry birds everywhere. I stopped playing that old game almost a year ago.
    Robert Calhoun likes this.
    06-11-11 06:17 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/po...aybook-619805/

this link will teach how to install angry birds, give it a try
    06-11-11 06:22 AM
    I emailed rovio who said they hadn't even decided they were making it for playbook definitely. This was confirmed by 3 of their support staff.
    06-11-11 06:27 AM
    I emailed rovio who said they hadn't even decided they were making it for playbook definitely. This was confirmed by 3 of their support staff.
    that seems like an odd answer since it was announced at blackberry world that they would. i doubt it would of been announced unless the creators had already said yes. mind posting the emails.
    06-11-11 06:32 AM
    ive tweeted them before and they keep saying summer. i kept trying to put up a screenshot of my twitter but the damn javascript issues with the pb browser keep coming up.

update i figured out a work around for that post then edit post and then click advanced. it seems to by pass the javascript hiccup. i really hope they fix that.
    Last edited by drethos; 06-11-11 at 06:48 AM.
    06-11-11 06:45 AM
    that seems like an odd answer since it was announced at blackberry world that they would. i doubt it would of been announced unless the creators had already said yes. mind posting the emails.
    "Please can you confirm that angry birds is in fact coming to the blackberry playbook, and, if so, give an estimate or final release date?

Thanks for your time,
    crwblyth"

Reply:

"Hi crwblyth,

We are still considering whether the game should be done for Blackberry. It is possible, but we are unfortunately, still unable to provide you with any further info.

Best Regards,
    Benjamin
    Angry Birds Team"

My reply:

"It was announced at one of the shows RIM were at, are you sure you have the correct information?

No one in their right mind announces something that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I think angry birds would become so much more popular if it were to come to blackberry. Not that it isn't popular already, but even more so.

Regards,
    Crwblyth"

"Hi Crwblyth,

and thanks for contacting us.

News like this are announced at Rovio�s web pages or in a newsletter. In most cases we will not publish any release dates before they are ready and available. This is to make sure we can finalize the games without external time pressure and because we do not want to give dates that we cannot always guarantee we will hit.

Best regards,

Sami
    Angry Birds Team"
    06-11-11 06:54 AM
    RIM announced ages ago that it was coming to the playbook. It's still not here. Why does RIM insist on making us wait ages for pretty much everything that has to do with the playbook? (Apps, updates, decent games)

Angry birds has been available on other platforms for AGES now. What is the hold up with making a playbook port? Since the playbook is much higher speced than almost every other tablet on the market it doesn't seem like it would be much of an issue to even do a quick sloppy port of it.
    you have a very loose definition of "ages".

it was only announced 4 weeks ago.
    06-11-11 06:55 AM
    benjamin- cookie cutter response from the brush off section. sami- cookie cutter response from the defend but try to be informative while still brushing you off in the hopes you wont contact again section
    yeagh those were cookie cutter responses poo-cap has given me the same or atleast similar responses about pvz and bejeweled. "were still looking into bringing our games to other platforms incuding android, blackberry, hp, windows 7 mobile, and nokia. as well as xbox and sony playstation consoles. please follow our news letter/fb/ twitter/ stop emailing us and be happy with our response our youll get another cease and descised letter from our lawyers."
    yeagh its the same bs no matter what with companies. you would have thought to have given something like "were not doing it because the platform wont handle it" the reason we got bad games for bbos 6 or "we dont find it to be a descent choice to go with your platform due to (insert pointless reason here), or what i would love is "keep your eyes pealed for our game to hit you market in july, make sure your wallet is ready!". i would personally be happy with a responce like that. not a "ohhh idk maybe when ever or never i dont really care stop emailing me" response.

to be honest with the ported version being just that un optimised port, this thing can handle it like a champ. but we have to wait.
    06-11-11 08:29 AM

What cave have you been living in, the PB specs are no better than most other tablets out right now.
    06-11-11 09:05 AM
    Lord love a duck!! Ages?? Are you serious or do you have a bad case of Veruca Salt (the spoiled girl in the original Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)?
    06-11-11 10:02 AM
    You people with your angry birds obession. its quite pathetic
    06-11-11 10:55 AM
    You people with your angry birds obession. its quite pathetic
    When you can spell obsession and capitalise the start of your sentences, come back and moan at us. We don't have obsessions, we just like a game and would like to see it on our platform, what's so wrong with that?
    06-11-11 11:24 AM
    you have a very loose definition of "ages".

it was only announced 4 weeks ago.
    I was gonna mention this lol

RIM stated summer for Angry Birds, be patient. On a related note, Microsoft announced Angry Birds for WP7 in February and it's still hasn't been released.
    ewitz likes this.
    06-11-11 11:38 AM
    reviving old thread where is angry birds?
    10-18-11 06:41 PM
    the .apk is also not compatible with the compatability checker for those interested

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...tibility-check
    10-18-11 06:44 PM
    I was gonna mention this lol

RIM stated summer for Angry Birds, be patient. On a related note, Microsoft announced Angry Birds for WP7 in February and it's still hasn't been released.
    Here's a quote from this article that suggests that Angry Birds might be on OS2:
    New, young blood reinvigorates RIM - The Globe and Mail

�When we launched the PlayBook, people said this was a business device. But we cater to different markets with the same device. I can do corporate stuff, like spread sheets, but then my kids are screaming and I can throw it to them � and they can play Angry Birds,� said Mr. Jeppsson, whose official title at RIM is senior manager for strategic business development.

According to the article (published Oct 21), Jeppsson is also the Head of Gaming at RIM.
    10-21-11 06:57 PM

We are waiting on You.
    10-21-11 07:04 PM
    This thread saddens me.

No wonder there is so much bad-mouthing the PB when the yoof ov 2day get upset about not having a daft kids game.

I won't mention the "Icanzt spull need ooto-cirreczion" shizz.

Jeebus, no wonder RIM can't WIN.
    10-21-11 08:50 PM
    This thread saddens me.

No wonder there is so much bad-mouthing the PB when the yoof ov 2day get upset about not having a daft kids game.

I won't mention the "Icanzt spull need ooto-cirreczion" shizz.

Jeebus, no wonder RIM can't WIN.
    LMAO dude. Bravo.

10-21-11 10:26 PM
    another lie from the top dogs at rim

10-21-11 10:32 PM
    Pathetic - the best definition of RIM and the Lemmings that follow the them into oblivion. My PB is still waiting for that "sweet" announcement that Kevin said is just around the corner.

DevCon could quickly become the Def-Con #1 of RIM.
    10-21-11 10:42 PM
    the .apk is also not compatible with the compatability checker for those interested

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...tibility-check
    Didn't know they where going to port it. I always thought it will be native, so it shouldn't matter.
    10-21-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD