I kind of agree with a lot of posters. They should at least give us some time frame about release date. I can wait, not a big deal, my 9900 PB combo still going strong. Apple does release their new OS at the same time with their new device for all eligible devices, same day.
    01-30-13 10:43 PM
    at quarter to never
    01-30-13 11:09 PM
    personally my playbook is perfect for my needs just the way it has been and since 2.1 came out. anything else that comes its way is just gravy.

nothing that happened today has made me love my playbook any less
    HartfordWhalers and cutexoxo like this.
    01-30-13 11:18 PM
    personally my playbook is perfect for my needs just the way it has been and since 2.1 came out. anything else that comes its way is just gravy.
    You don't think some extra functionality would be nice? Like sorting and editing browser bookmarks?

It makes sense to have BB10 on both platforms since this brings BlackBerry to a single app store; no more begging developers to create something for the PB!
    01-31-13 06:40 AM
    BB focus is on the new phones now, not the PB
    all other is distraction
    01-31-13 07:43 AM
    I think that Blackberry didn't shine yesterday; the presentation was very lame (Alicia and Thorstein were clearly reading from teleprompters); there was absolutely nothing new that anyone checking out the internet didn't know. What would have wowed everyone?
    -Playbook update to BB10
    -Worldwide release, including the USA
    -A CEO who doesn't clap at his own remarks.
    01-31-13 10:53 AM
    Ever watch a Apple launch? Everything is "Amazing" along with fake claps. An old technology apple gives a new name to wooo people. It wasn't that bad, the delayed launch really has nothing to do with Rim. Carriers were the ones dragging their feet.

Just be thankful Blackberry reaffirmed you will get BB10. For a device that has been nothing but a loss, they really could just let it die. It's not their style, just have some patience. The playbook did not save them as a company it comes when it comes. It's not like the device does not work as it should already. The upgrade will be a bonus that's all..
    01-31-13 11:05 AM
    I agree with SparkyBC. The BB10 OS update will be coming to the PB. It will come in the coming months. So we need to be patient. I also agree with Greegg Hogg. There was really no wow factor in the launch yesterday. It was flat! All of what they presented was online on blogs, articles and video.
    01-31-13 11:36 AM
    My guess is at least 2 quarters after z10 has been in all markets. Upgrading all playbooks to bb10 with no incremental revenue is not a logical business move.
    deanosig likes this.
    01-31-13 11:46 AM
    My guess is at least 2 quarters after z10 has been in all markets. Upgrading all playbooks to bb10 with no incremental revenue is not a logical business move.
    logical business move = instant exposure for devs to a bigger market = drive more devs/apps = greater attractiveness of platform??
    01-31-13 11:49 AM
    Ever watch a Apple launch? Everything is "Amazing" along with fake claps. An old technology apple gives a new name to wooo people. It wasn't that bad, the delayed launch really has nothing to do with Rim. Carriers were the ones dragging their feet.

Just be thankful Blackberry reaffirmed you will get BB10. For a device that has been nothing but a loss, they really could just let it die. It's not their style, just have some patience. The playbook did not save them as a company it comes when it comes. It's not like the device does not work as it should already. The upgrade will be a bonus that's all..
    Absolutely!

I'm not sure why people are complaining, It'd have been worse if blackberry would have slapped our face like microsoft did with the windows phone 7 devices that didn't get the update to wp8.
    01-31-13 11:53 AM
    Soon, around the corner, when they get around to it, when the sun doesn't shine. When the sun does shine, sometime, days, weeks, months, years. Whenever
    za_berry likes this.
    01-31-13 12:07 PM
    Soon, around the corner, when they get around to it, when the sun doesn't shine. When the sun does shine, sometime, days, weeks, months, years. Whenever
    LOL you made my day!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:15 PM
    LOL you made my day!
    Cool. We need to laugh a little sometimes.
    01-31-13 12:25 PM
    +1 You're right! Clapping was very funny... I thought it was a comedy show.
    01-31-13 12:52 PM
    Cant say Im surpirsed, we were told BB10 would be on the playbok as the hardware was similar. and the QNX is already running on the Playbook. I wanted to buy two for my kids and then upgrade. Going to start looking at Android tablets as i cant stand iTOys
    01-31-13 02:05 PM
    lol, Someone told me Nevuary 30th 2013 9AM 10AM is that still a good date?
    deanosig and peter9477 like this.
    01-31-13 02:10 PM
    I think that Blackberry didn't shine yesterday; the presentation was very lame (Alicia and Thorstein were clearly reading from teleprompters); there was absolutely nothing new that anyone checking out the internet didn't know. What would have wowed everyone?
    -Playbook update to BB10
    -Worldwide release, including the USA
    -A CEO who doesn't clap at his own remarks.
    Sure he's no Stevie Jobs and it wasn't perfect. Read the apple site and you'll see things aren't always perfect. (cough: maps, do not disturb) These events are short term marketing bursts only. Product adoption on a large scale is based on emotions, perception and what "the other guy/girl" has that is cool/slick. Apple has done a good job in some areas. BB took a big step yesterday and I for one, as a shareholder, support the effort and get all my work done just fine on my bold and playbook.
    01-31-13 02:20 PM
    And they are still saying they will make BB10 for the PB. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand. RIM never specified the date. They said sometimes after BB10. And it's only been a day. Their main priority is BB10 for the phones not the PB.

P.S. They didn't mention anything regarding the playbook during the last RIM conference either and yet they came out with the 2.1 update a couple weeks later. Have patience.
    Cant say Im surpirsed, we were told BB10 would be on the playbok as the hardware was similar. and the QNX is already running on the Playbook. I wanted to buy two for my kids and then upgrade. Going to start looking at Android tablets as i cant stand iTOys
    Cracklen likes this.
    01-31-13 02:35 PM
    Oh it's coming but just like everything else associated with the PB you never know when and it's always longer than what you think.
    kojita likes this.
    01-31-13 03:07 PM
    Im sure most people that are complaining are the ones who bought the playbook recently because they knew the BB10 would be on it. Also getting the playbook at a sweet discount. You can put me in that boat. However BB10 will come when it comes. Im in no rush. The sooner the better of cores but if we gotta wait a few months im ok with that!
    01-31-13 04:08 PM
    According to BB 2013 roadmap, between Q1 and Q2 2013.
    edsam likes this.
    01-31-13 05:45 PM
    Oh heck. You are all going to be whipping yourselves to a frenzy on October 1st

Isn't there anything more important happening in your lives?
    01-31-13 05:59 PM
    I don't know what the advantage is to BlackBerry in maintaining excessive secrecy. It could be that they are trying to gauge the success of the Z10 before committing to anything else particularly on the hardware side. It looks like some development work is happening with BB10 for the PlayBook but the effort appears to be muted. It could be that if the Z10 does not appear to sell well, BlackBerry may cut its losses, sell the hardware side and stick with the enterprise business. Such a decision could happen as early as the end of the quarter and not later than the end of the next quarter. It then makes sense to delay release of the BB10 for the PlayBook past one or other milestone. If the hardware side is abandoned or sold off, no one then expects the PlayBook to get support and there is less bad will created than if BlackBerry gave a release date and failed to deliver.

To me, secrecy is something you preserve when building excitement about something entirely new coming out. You give hints about a revolutionary device and software but hold back on detail until the product is ready to go. It is not good to keep existing customers in the dark about updates, upgrades and minor changes for something they already own..
    01-31-13 06:33 PM
    I don't really understand what people are saying about rim holding back. thorston said they are working on building it for playbook and it is not finished. would you give a firm date if you were thor after the recent delays on bb10 phones?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Cracklen likes this.
    01-31-13 06:52 PM
85 1234