Just how many threads already titled "Playbook is not [...] enough for me"... "Playbook is too [...] for me", "Why I hate the PB", "Why the Playbook is bad", "Why I'm returning my PB", "I'm done with the PB", "I'm getting an ipad"...

Just what is the need for people to let us know why they don't like the PB...

WE DON'T CARE IF AND WHY YOU DON'T LIKE THE DEVICE!
    Just walk away from the forum and go post on a droid or ios forum...

I don't think anyone needs to know what you don't like about it and that you'll return it and buy an droid tablet or an ipad... just do it and stop polluting the forum...

So annoying..............
    Spencerdl, derrickps3 and suzieque like this.
    02-28-12 10:02 AM
    If you don't read the threads, your own problem will be solved. Deciding that you should be the arbiter of content will never be very satisfying since all forums attract people who want to complain.
    Rello likes this.
    02-28-12 10:09 AM
    You actually started a thread to complain about complainers...?

Jesus!
    mmarco and Mystic205 like this.
    02-28-12 10:12 AM
    Just how many threads already titled "Playbook is not [...] enough for me"... "Playbook is too [...] for me", "Why I hate the PB", "Why the Playbook is bad", "Why I'm returning my PB", "I'm done with the PB", "I'm getting an ipad"...

I don't think anyone needs to know what you don't like about it and that you'll return it and buy an droid tablet or an ipad... just do it and stop polluting the forum...

Welcome to CB.

You should have seen the Storm forum back in the day. This is nothing. There was even a special Rants and Raves subforum for the Storm.

You're still kind of noobish, so you are forgiven. Just don't let it happen again.
    02-28-12 10:14 AM
    If you don't read the threads, your own problem will be solved.
    Maybe the OP isn't a "do it yourself" kind of person.
    02-28-12 10:15 AM
    Playbook does not <make me coffee in the morning>
    02-28-12 10:16 AM
    oh i thought it was one of those thread games me bad
    02-28-12 10:17 AM
    I get tired of it too though. When you go to aforum and need legitimate help you don't start a thread bashing the product and then expect people to bend over for you. There are folks who are having legitimate problems and if I can help them, I will.

The forum is simply to populated with people who simply want to vent frustration because they either didn't do proper research on the device before they bought it, they are not computer literate enough to go beyond the power button, or they screwed up their Playbook by tinkering with it when they had no idea what they were doing.

A buddy of mine who works at a local computer shop says every Playbook he has seen come in people are complaing about has either been rooted or the flash mem is completey filled with junk. And he says these are the people who complain the loudest that the device is a piece of junk. One he had opened last week had coffee stains inside it on the inside cover and the guy that brought it in said it was defective and he sent it back to RIM and they refused to fix it under warranty and he now hates RIM. My bud bought it for parts for 30 bucks.
    02-28-12 10:21 AM
    Have you considered that the "Doesn't Do" threads often name the exact item that someone else will be researching when they are considering the PB?

For anyone else coming from another platform, or trying to support others on PB, this is the fastest way to figure out what works, what's equiv, and what doesn't before you buy.

I read the complaints about PB before I bought... they were much more informative than the fanboy postings... otherwise you'd think you could walk on water after buying a PB.
    02-28-12 10:22 AM
    Thanks for posting this.

While I am open to improving anything, I can't agree with people that say "Playbook is not ____. Therefore I think it sucks."

Seriously, I really was just watching This Week with George S. and was jus thinking "what an awesome device this is, and so portable that I actually take it around with me and use it".

The Playbook has so very much to offer right now:
    Bridge - yes, I've saved $30.00-$50.00 bucks per month by using it. I love that.
    Flash - yes. We are moving to HTML5 but 70% of sites use some flash now.
    UI - yes. Gestures are awesome.
    e-mail - works great. And the inbox concept is a great way to stay organized.
    Calendar - awesome number size tells you how busy a day is
    Contacts - check, again. Integration of social media is awesome.
    Apps - yes. Tons of them. BlackBerry and Droid. More comming in daily by the truckload.

Read a book? check
    watch a movie? check - download or sideload. Can your other device sideload?
    Magazines? check - Zinio available by mid March.
    Video Chat? check
    e-mail? check
    full flash web? check
    music? check
    remote control with BB? check

The specs of the Playbook are better than the iPad2, not to pick on the iPad2 - it is a nice tablet, but it is the industry leader so it is valid. Way better speakers, better screen display, better cameras (front and back), better, faster processor.

Seriously, if you don't like the Playbook, give me a call. I'll be happy to buy it from you if it is in good shape. I'll give you $100.00 bucks for it if you hate it so much. I am certain I can sell it to someone that will appreciate it at $200.00 bucks. Just drop me a line. Especially if you live in Portland Oregon.

Everyone I've show my Playbook to is just amazed. Even my iPad friends that see the movies say "Wow! I have that movie on my device but it does not look as rich and awesome!".

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely think that asking for more is great and it sure looks like we are going to continue to get more and more. I'm not against anyone asking for this or that app or wishing for this or that. That is cool, but for someone to just spew hate on such an awesome device makes no sense at all. Especially with the current price of 199.00!

Thanks OP. BTW, I am serious. If you hate your tablet so much and it is in great condition, I'll happily buy it from you. I have several friends that want one and after checking it out I'll get you a hundred bucks that should help you get the next thing you are going to love to hate. I'll easily find a happy home for your Playbook.

Take a good look at it first though. It is an awesome tablet.
    SRVwannab likes this.
    02-28-12 10:24 AM
    I mostly agree with your post. It is very frustrating to see the forum consistently building with Playbook bashing threads. People are going to get frustrated with their PB's, and the forum often provides answers to those things that are frustrating users. If you need help then by all means ask for it. If you bought a PB thinking it would do things for you that it doesn't - then you should have done your research first. Crackberry is full of knowledge, reviews and the endless walkthroughs the team has done of the new OS. If you want to return it - then return it. Buy your iPad and you will find that it may not do all these things you expected of it either.

I was an iPad user before even purchasing my first BB Smartphone. And I can say when I stood in line on iPad 1 launch day and got home with my brand spanking new tablet - i was impressed. And honestly, it wasn't long before that faded as it didn't do exactly what I thought it would. Did I go on iMore and complain about it. No, I am not even registered there. What I did was wait for the tablet that suited "my" needs. And since launch day I have yet to put down my Playbook. Partly because it does exactly what my research on it said it would. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I have found some great threads from users explaining in detail what their frustrations have been with the PB and not bashing it, but more justifying their decision to not enjoy their experience with the tablet. This forum certainly is NOT a "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all." I enjoy reading some of the issues that people have.

It is when you see the uneducated banter of users that just want to hear themselves complain about a piece of machinery that they used for 3 days and feel the need to express their unfounded anger on something they have no concept about. So to make a long story short, I agree with your post, but just wish people would utilize the resource of Crackberry rather then just giving up and not seeing giving the full potential of the Playbook time to show them.

Thanks
    peter_betos and rs422a like this.
    02-28-12 10:27 AM
    Forget walking on water (which I can), I can fly over it....and at over 250 kph blinfolded thanks to the PlayBook, and His Eminence.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-28-12 10:30 AM
    well for starters i think you know should read complaints as creative suggestions.
    not everyone knows what the playbook does, some complaints can be answered. i dont think you should take it so personal when someone comes on a forum to complain about something that it doesnt do, as it could set off an idea to a developper.
    02-28-12 10:41 AM
    Thanks for posting this.
    The Playbook has so very much to offer right now:
    Bridge - yes, I've saved $30.00-$50.00 bucks per month by using it. I love that.
    Flash - yes. We are moving to HTML5 but 70% of sites use some flash now.
    UI - yes. Gestures are awesome.
    e-mail - works great. And the inbox concept is a great way to stay organized.
    Calendar - awesome number size tells you how busy a day is
    Contacts - check, again. Integration of social media is awesome.
    Apps - yes. Tons of them. BlackBerry and Droid. More comming in daily by the truckload.
    Read a book? check
    watch a movie? check - download or sideload. Can your other device sideload?
    Magazines? check - Zinio available by mid March.
    Video Chat? check
    e-mail? check
    full flash web? check
    music? check
    remote control with BB? check
    Take a good look at it first though. It is an awesome tablet.

Bridge - Slow as .no bbm via bridge uncheck
    Flash - ya right...go to audiusa.com or lacoste.com uncheck
    UI - copy cat of web Os, iOS, no widgets, and just a mismash of whatever uncheck
    email,calender,Contacts - wth...really had to wait a freakin year whereas a freakin chinese android knock off had it for a year..lame uncheck
    Apps - really..you really wann go there..lame as and worst than any tablet uncheck
    watch a movie? no netflix and $ 20 to buy one from the move store uncheck
    Magazines? zinio coming soon...still after 1 year, enough with the coming soon uncheck
    Video Chat? only with 1 other person who owns a pb uncheck
    music? vevo works when it likes to, organizing playlist is a mess uncheck

Take a good look at it first though. It is a crappy tablet with nothing but vaporware.
    02-28-12 10:45 AM
    It is a crappy tablet with nothing but vaporware.
    You're right. I wouldn't spend another second in the forum dedicated to this crappy tablet.
    jcbrunson, alnamvet68 and Barljo like this.
    02-28-12 10:54 AM
    I like the PlayBook it suits my needs. If the PlayBook doesn't do what you want it to do, then make a suggestion on what you would like it to do. Complaining with negative thread titles and negative post instead of asking how to fix real problems becomes tiresome to the consumers who like the PlayBook and come here to gain knowledge about their purchase. ....if you don't like the PlayBook.....return it, don't try and make everyone else miserable because it doesn't do what YOU want it to do.
    tayl0rd, Chaddface and spectre229 like this.
    02-28-12 11:01 AM
    My Playbook does not <do my laundry>
    02-28-12 11:04 AM
    PB doesn't walk the dog.

Hey OP, do you know the phrase, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? Complaints have several purposes, one of which is to let people know what you want. Imagine if we all sat back and said nothing. RIM would not have changed a dang thing because they would think that their device is perfect. When you read a review, don't you pay attention to the complaints? I do, so I'm actually glad that people whine, wine, wyne.
    02-28-12 11:08 AM
    I thought it was just because Crackberry is basically a fan site that people were so damning. And I'm sure there are many who post here just to troll. But I went to the BB support forums and they are the same. Almost everybody who posts is like - super-pissed-off- because of little things a simple restart would fix.

Maybe it is simply a reflection of our society now. But I came from a time when there was decorum on a computer bulletin board. Especially from people who were asking the questions. Like I've said before, if you go to a Linux support forum and act the way some of these folks do, they will run you out of town on a rail - and then delete your login.
    Last edited by rs422a; 02-28-12 at 11:28 AM.
    02-28-12 11:11 AM
    UI - copy cat of web Os, iOS, no widgets, and just a mismash of whatever uncheck
    email,calender,Contacts - wth...really had to wait a freakin year whereas a freakin chinese android knock off had it for a year..lame uncheck
    Apps - really..you really wann go there..lame as and worst than any tablet uncheck
    Magazines? zinio coming soon...still after 1 year, enough with the coming soon uncheck

Take a good look at it first though. It is a crappy tablet with nothing but vaporware.
    We've told you right from the beginning, take it back if you don't like it and shut up! You are one of the biggest trolls on the forums. Like seriously, if you don't like it, sell it or take it back, and keep your rants to yourself on a iOS or Android platform forum. No need to be in the Playbook section p!ssing out your poison on to everyone else.
    02-28-12 11:20 AM

I'm so tired of threads complaining about people complaining.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-28-12 11:30 AM
    Like I've said before, if you go to a Linux support forum and act the way some of these folks do, they will run you out of town on a rail - and then delete your login.
    The vehicle specific forum I visit is the same way.
    02-28-12 11:31 AM
    I agree with the op....I also been noticing alot of threads with negative titles about the PlayBook � ....I said to myself "why are they going through so many issues with their PlayBook?" mines is working flawlessly, no serious problems....also they should ultilze the free 90 day technical service. Go and have it exchange for a playbook that isn't defective
    02-28-12 11:32 AM

Classic troll. Get outta here.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-28-12 11:36 AM
    It is completely disingenuous to state "don't post and complain about what PB does not do " and then also state "do your research".

If it was not for commentary on what works and what does not work no potential user would have any clue as to the app coverage of the PB and likely be very disappointed that seemingly common apps are not available... This forum IS the place to research the PB.

A forum is for the exchange of views both positive and negative.. If you wish a fanboy only club then a forum is not what you want.

I do agree that many folks, both haters AND lovers do not present themselves well... But that is a completely separate issue to the forum content with regard to threads of issues and limitations...
    Bakamushi likes this.
    02-28-12 11:38 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD