Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie GIMMIE!!!!!

+1 RIM!

Just saying.
    05-09-12 09:24 AM
    LOL well that is what they are saying anyway. Gimme too.
    05-09-12 09:30 AM
    do people enjoy typing on a virtual screen like on the playbook? One of the reason I like BB is because of the awesome physical keyboard but if people actually do enjoy typing on a virtual screen, then I must try out Android of iPhone...

- Charles
    05-09-12 09:34 AM
    Compared to my tours keyboard and the size of the playbook I prefer typing on the pb as I'm faster. Compared to my tour and my torch 9850 I prefer my old tours keyboard.
    05-09-12 09:39 AM
    I prefer the portrait keyboard on the playbook.

But even more I prefer bridging it from my 9900 like I am now.

I'm happy for a new sms bridging feature to be coming however I'm more of a bbm person.
    spike12 likes this.
    05-09-12 09:40 AM
    I'm excited for two reasons:

I can tether with my 3G phone (now I WISH I didn't give up my 4G 9900)...

AND

No "need" for OS6 anymore. Just send all my e-mails, SMS, BBMs through PB! WAHOO!
    05-09-12 09:46 AM
    Yep, my phone will be a host and calls are the only thing I will pick it up for.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-09-12 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Blah
    05-09-12 09:49 AM
    do people enjoy typing on a virtual screen like on the playbook? One of the reason I like BB is because of the awesome physical keyboard but if people actually do enjoy typing on a virtual screen, then I must try out Android of iPhone...

- Charles
    I don't! But you can use you BB to remote-control the PB to then send and receive texts on the PB via the bridge. That's almost as efficient as using voice-recognition software to compose a text that is then deciphered and read back audibly by the recipient.
    05-09-12 09:51 AM
    i don't! But you can use you bb to remote-control the pb to then send and receive texts on the pb via the bridge. That's almost as efficient as using voice-recognition software to compose a text that is then deciphered and read back audibly by the recipient.
    lmfao!!!
    05-09-12 10:02 AM
    I don't! But you can use you BB to remote-control the PB to then send and receive texts on the PB via the bridge. That's almost as efficient as using voice-recognition software to compose a text that is then deciphered and read back audibly by the recipient.
    Actual lol! Brilliant post.
    05-09-12 12:04 PM
    Gotta admit it would be really nice not to have to put down my pb to answer text messages. I'm trying not to get too excited about all the things that are being reported as "coming to the pb" but I can't help myself.
    05-09-12 01:18 PM
    great feature. I typically when i get home throw my phone onto my dresser, plug it in, then grab my playbook and go do around the house. I dont see the point of carrying my phone when i'm home (lol rhyme).

But there are certain features missing that ruin the experience to some extent. No SMS, and no BBM Groups

SMS coming is a bonus. But really, The BBM groups thing continues to annoy me. there's no reason for it's omission
    05-09-12 01:27 PM
    I prefer the portrait keyboard on the playbook.

But even more I prefer bridging it from my 9900 like I am now.

I'm happy for a new sms bridging feature to be coming however I'm more of a bbm person.
    ditto and ditto!
    05-09-12 04:32 PM

- Charles
    Typing on a large, tablet virtual keyboard isn't the same as typing on a 3-4" phone virtual keyboard
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-12 05:09 PM
    I wish they'd release a Bridge API so apps like WhatsApp could hook onto this .

Still Texting via a BlueTooth Keyboard on your Playbook could be significally faster when you're someone who's typing a lot at his desktop =).

Another wishful feature would be to allow me to answer a call trough the Playbook. Especially. So when I have a BlueTooth Headset connected I wouldn't reach my pocket to answer te call but can hook onto it right away. Would be great (even though it wouldn't happen that much to me =P).
    05-09-12 05:42 PM
    I type much faster on my 9900 so this won't really change anything for me
    05-09-12 05:42 PM
    This is one of the big things that I wanted/expected out of Bridge from Day One; I'm glad to finally see it coming.
    05-09-12 06:04 PM
    this is exactly what I want to do. plus hook it up to a large monitor! high tech stuff!
    05-09-12 06:51 PM
    I am soooo ready for the SMS on my playbook!! Gimmie.. Gimmie!

Yowsa!
    hpjrt likes this.
    05-09-12 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD