I know the deal with android apps, they are present in appworld just as regular apps and played by the player in background etc... But I was expecting thousands of new good/quality apps, the appworld is still displaying old apps on the featured page? I am not one of these who moans for skype, netflix etc, but I cant seem to find any useful android apps at all? There isnt even any good new games? Are they gunna trickle in during the next week as developers apps get approved? ...
    raoul_duke likes this.
    02-21-12 07:11 AM
    i sure hope so..i too am finding it hard to find GOOD apps.. games period.. idc if their droid or not.. jusdt want some good ones is all
    02-21-12 07:13 AM
    According to the press release the apps are "to be added today". So perhaps they'll show up later today.
    02-21-12 07:14 AM
    You got a link to the press release bro?
    02-21-12 07:16 AM
    You are 1 of MANY that were expecting a least some good meat of what the Android Market offers.

I have no clue why this update was so anticipated.

Some are saying apps will be added later......but I WOULD NOT get hopes up.

IMO there could be thousands coming .... or a whole bunch of nothing.

I hope some good stuff is coming, but just look at the track record.
    02-21-12 07:22 AM
    You got a link to the press release bro?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...37/index2.html
    mufc1 and Marcus2012 like this.
    02-21-12 07:26 AM
    You were expecting "thousands" of "new good/quality apps"? Thousands???
    mjs416 and apasehculun like this.
    02-21-12 07:27 AM
    You were expecting "thousands" of "new good/quality apps"? Thousands???
    Anything less than the entire Android market will be considered a fail by the usual suspects.
    02-21-12 07:30 AM

Like others have said, there should be more apps later today or this week. Then beyond that, RIM needed to get the capability out there to users and increase awareness of the PB. As awareness increases, so does developer participation. It doesn't happen overnight, but getting this update out on time was a critically important first step. Congratulations to RIM on that.

The upgrade was smooth for me, more than I expected. (except for calendar issues which others are discussing as well, but those can be fixed easily I think)
    Last edited by app_Developer; 02-21-12 at 07:33 AM.
    02-21-12 07:31 AM
    You are 1 of MANY that were expecting a least some good meat of what the Android Market offers.

I have no clue why this update was so anticipated.

Some are saying apps will be added later......but I WOULD NOT get hopes up.

Native email, calendar and contacts - auto correct - social platform integration - increased communication and functionality between PB and your BB - Print to Go - app folder groups - video store - revamped App World... need I go on?
    02-21-12 07:33 AM
    Thousands is a good estimate. Given how many free playbooks were given away to android developers in exchange for apps. and only in exchange for apps that were of a certain criteria. however, those apps need to be sorted and processed. i expect a couple of big names from android to pop up over the next 24/48 hours. but for the most part, Android apps will most likely trickle in slowly. the main point here being the App store is growing. and faster than it was before.

Many people have been disappointed with the amount of android apps, but thats because they were looking for specifics, (twitter and Kindle seem to be the big names) but those that really REALLY need them... the android player gives you the option of side loading. so side load. those that can wait, will.

The android player gives the PB an edge, because now... just because something isnt in the store, doesnt mean you cant get it. its this exact thing that blew android up from an unheard of project, to Apples biggest nightmare. I reccomend in leu of people not understanding the concept of the android player and assuming they would get android market as part of OS2, we should sticky and advertise a big thread explaining in the simplist terms possible, the step by step guide to sideloading android apps. im guessing ones already around here somewhere.
    speedypear and blemoon42 like this.
    02-21-12 07:37 AM
    So if anyone find a good app please shout.
    02-21-12 07:42 AM
    where is the android player? I didn't see this after the update was complete.
    02-21-12 07:50 AM
    you dont just open the Android player. You launch an app and if its Android based, it will load in the player.
    02-21-12 07:52 AM
    inbuilt to the OS its not a thing you click, its part of the workings of the OS
    02-21-12 07:53 AM
    I expected thousands because the press release said thousands...
    02-21-12 07:54 AM
    Anything less than the entire Android market will be considered a fail by the usual suspects.
    You had me going here :
    02-21-12 07:55 AM
    Oh ffs......
    02-21-12 07:56 AM
    I expected thousands because the press release said thousands...
    most of the games consoles show before release aren't available at release. the PS3 announced hundreds of games on release and had very few. like consoles, software comes through slowly but steadily. there will be thousands, but not on release day
    02-21-12 07:57 AM
    Do you guys have that app that turns your tablet into a metal detector?
    02-21-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD