So I got my PlayBook today... I know it is "dead" but that didn't change my mind. For the price it is an awesome compliment to my z10.

Now I'm outside of wifi range playing house of cards on my PlayBook while typing this on the z. It's amazing because my laptop doesn't even load the videos as fast on wifi as the PlayBook does on bluetooth.

Just thought I'd share some good news after everything that has happened lately.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:26 PM
    Enjoy, I have 2 running as well.

Posted with the sweet Zeeee10
    04-03-14 05:29 PM
    Awesome! Just enjoy the playbook for what it does. Try not to give the recent news on it being "Dead" any thought. It's still a very solid tablet

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    KittyBomb and nealjane1 like this.
    04-03-14 05:29 PM
    Now I'm outside of wifi range playing house of cards on my PlayBook...
    May I ask what software you're using to view it?
    04-03-14 05:34 PM
    Return it immediately and get another tablet. Don't buy it just because you can "bridge". Buy something that will last.
    04-03-14 06:27 PM
    Return it immediately and get another tablet. Don't buy it just because you can "bridge". Buy something that will last.
    lol

Go play with your iPad silly

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    04-03-14 06:31 PM
    lol

Go play with your iPad silly

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    So I express a different opinion and your response is to say I have an iPad? Moron. I have a playbook. I don't have any other tablet. But its prudent to suggest using another tablet because the Playbook is EoL. For someone with a Z10, he will probably think the playbook is sluggish in comparison.

Learn to think before posting.
    04-03-14 06:34 PM
    May I ask what software you're using to view it?
    Just a tv streaming website via bluetooth
    04-03-14 07:03 PM
    I'm not interested. If there wasn't a BB tablet I wouldn't want a tablet. I've been disapointed by IOS, Android, and windows 8 and would have absolutely no interest in their products. The Z10 is the first phone I've actually enjoyed using.

For the price of a nice dinner for two I don't mind if it doesn't last long. I'd be happy if it just worked as my alarm clock every morning, just as long as I have it. I guess that's what brand loyalty does to you huh?
    04-03-14 07:07 PM
    While it's tempting to switch to another tablet. I have considerably spent stuff on my PlayBook when I still had a 16GB Wifi version. Recently I just bought a PB LTE version for the purpose of offloading stress from my Z30; most of the apps I bought on my PB will more or less reflect on my PB. Plus the Cellular radio will help make me not dependent on Bridge (I have two separate Postpaid plans).
    04-03-14 08:25 PM
    I'm not interested. If there wasn't a BB tablet I wouldn't want a tablet. I've been disapointed by IOS, Android, and windows 8 and would have absolutely no interest in their products. The Z10 is the first phone I've actually enjoyed using.

For the price of a nice dinner for two I don't mind if it doesn't last long. I'd be happy if it just worked as my alarm clock every morning, just as long as I have it. I guess that's what brand loyalty does to you huh?
    This is where I'm at with the PlayBook right now. Enjoy it! I?ve got mine hooked up to the home stereo system and it's great.

Cheers!

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    04-03-14 08:28 PM
    Welcome! I'm typing this reply on my PlayBook 64GB.

Considering what I paid for my PlayBook and accessories (Bluetooth Mini Keyboard, 2 rapid charging stands, 2 HDMI cables, and a Bluetooth mouse), this little tablet has been more than worth it, even if it is a dead platform.
    04-03-14 10:29 PM
    Welcome, from PlayBook UK. You will love your PlayBook. I also have a Z10 / PlayBook combo and it works great. Look out for the Greatest Apps & Games nominations thread I'm running, it should give you a good idea how to maximise your PlayBook:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=920667

Once the nominations are in we will release the greatest ever Apps and Games top list!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-04-14 12:24 AM
    The phrase"PlayBook dead" keeps coming up. I find it strange that many, many devices haven't received updates of any kind for years and some of them were released after the PB. You never seem to hear anyone else referring to these devices as dead.
    I bought a 9800 shortly before 0s7 came out I think I got 1 update. I bought two 0s7 phones for family members and I don't think they have had an update at all before 10 came out.

All working thanks, as is the PlayBook. The only thing that died was faith in blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 04:42 PM
    Well done on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it and works well for you.
    04-07-14 05:40 PM
    We have one 32g pb and im buying a 16g brand-new off kijiji tomorrow. It is used quite a bit in our house for light surfing. Buying another so my kids each can watch some shows when we travel next week.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:04 PM
    The sluggish part is annoying. How does one fix this? Or can you? I turned mine is as not loading up correctly on my warranty. I'm giving the gift card to my folks and they are sending me their 64 gig Dell Venue 8 pro they don't use because of the size. I will miss the bridge features and connecting directly to HDMI but figure it was time to get current.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:21 PM
    "...it just worked as my alarm clock every morning, just as long as I have it.."

hmmm i use it as my alarm clock while travelling ! Ever since the conventional broke.

And this one only makes a noise when it is time to 'alarm' !

Help page; Setting the clock - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

nite
    04-08-14 05:24 PM