I thought I'd interupt the stream of OS2 and price cutting threads and ask the question? I just finished an article on my BlackBerry Switch Project on how and why I carry my PlayBook and was hoping other could share their unique methods or contraptions.

I LOVE the binder I have and find it to be the best of many options and very flexible as well as extremely productive for me. I would like to create a gallery on my blog for this and was hoping I could get some ideas and contributions from the crackberry folks. The picture are not the best, photography is a skill I have to work on, but here's my system.
    Attachment 97625

Attachment 97627

Attachment 97628

Attachment 97629

Attachment 97630
    Last edited by GizmoJeff; 11-25-11 at 11:57 PM.
    11-25-11 11:47 PM
    I have the OEM leather journal case and I carry my PB with me almost all the time. I don't carry a briefcase anymore. All I need (with my Bold 9900) is there.
    alnamvet68 and jafobabe like this.
    11-26-11 02:41 AM
    Still loving my Vaja case!
    11-26-11 05:49 AM
    Sena journal case and the PB travels safe and snug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 06:20 AM
    I have 3 different cases for the PB, however the one that vets used is the sleeve with the memory foam lining inside with zipper..... I carry the blackberry in my leg pocket of my cargos..... fits perfectly.
    On unpredictable travel the PB goes inside the Blurex leather/stand folder, then inside the sleeve, and for too much use I protect the back using he Incipio feather........ now I covered all three cases for you
    11-26-11 07:32 AM
    I use the M-Edge leather case that I bought for my Kindle. I keep the PB on the right and a tab of note paper on the left, a pen fits in the center loop. Works great in meetings.
    Warning: the PB is not a snug fit but stays in just fine.
    M-Edge | Products | Executive Jacket
    11-26-11 07:50 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    small black TUMI bag .. which also stores my bb 9900, and wallet and papers etc.. perfect ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 07:54 AM
    My PB is carried around in a i-CON carbon fiber case.
    This case protects my PB without adding any significant bulk.
    With 2 notches built inside the case, I can position my PB to sit up on a table and watch movies etc...
    Great case and definitely recommend to other users.
    robkd and trainzer like this.
    11-26-11 08:21 AM
    Have the executive incipio case. Lately I have been using slide in cover that comes with the Playbook. The Playbook feels much better to me when used bare (I do have the clear full body protector on it) and the carrying case that came with it is the easiest and cost effective way of slipping the PlayBook in and out.
    11-26-11 09:47 AM
    I use a Gelaskin wrap and a Blurex case. I carry it with a "five finger death grip" and a thug type scowl to ward off "iCrap" holymen. They tend to rove in packs while sipping girly coffee drinks, eating pita bread and talking bad about corporate America.....which is very ironic. They are relatively harmless and can usually be smelled before you see them, yet I encourage anybody who isn't trained in the art of narcissistic smugness to avoid them like the plague.
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 11-28-11 at 12:12 PM.
    11-26-11 10:18 AM
    Dodocase. Fits into any purse and is always with me. I carry it around at work like a daytimer, and read my novel at night like a book. Of course the Dodocase has Harley Davidson stickers on it, and has lots of "character" so it sure doesn't look like a tablet.
    11-26-11 10:29 AM
    i use the convertible case.
    BioHazard31 likes this.
    11-26-11 10:38 AM
    Most of the time I use the OEM PlayBook journal case and carry in my medium black leather Kenneth Cole messenger bag. When I don't carry my messenger bag I keep the PlayBook in a Otterbox defender case for total protection.
    11-26-11 10:45 AM
    Same here. Only thing I hate is how I can't charge or use the bottom ports without fully opening it.
    BioHazard31 likes this.
    11-26-11 11:16 AM
    So far just the soft sleeve it came with and my timbuk2 messenger bag.
    BernFlo and BernFlo like this.
    11-26-11 11:30 AM
    I use the leather envelope case.
    11-26-11 12:07 PM

I made modifications to the top part (where the rubber is for the volume controls) I removed it, (wasn't as easy as I thought it would be) but I can now flip my PB in the case so the charging/HDMI options are on the top - and I can stand my playbook up, and connect/charge it without any problems!

I love the convertible case - it keeps my PB well protected, I have accidentally dropped it from about knee height on a hardwood floor, and it was perfectly fine!!

ALSO: if you know anyone who works at Best buy/Futureshop/ etc - You could get the case for about $27.
    BioHazard31 likes this.
    11-26-11 12:41 PM
    I'm going to need a wardrobe closet for my Playbook soon because I have a few 'outfit' variations depending on the situation.

I have an OEM Gel Skin that I use for around the house. It's very soft and protects the back from getting dirty if I put it down. I like this skin because even though the protection isn't great, the soft rubber makes it very easy to use the volume buttons which I tend to adjust more around the house. The Gel Skin is the bright blue one which I might not have picked as a first choice of color, but it was marked down to $2.50 clearance at Staples.

I have the OEM soft shell (black) that I use when I want a black-on-black look but the volume keys are harder to press.

I bought the zip sleeve for when I want to bring it out with either the gel skin or the soft shell when I know I'll be somewhere inside in a 'friendly' environment.

When I'm going out or on the road, I use my Targus Truss convertible case. This is a great case. It folds out to be a stand (like the OEM convertible case) but exposes the buttons on the top and, when folded open, the ports on the bottom. I also find that when I use the case like a stand at the lowest viewing angle, I can have my micro-HDMI cable connected along with the rapid charger.
    11-26-11 12:46 PM
    I spent some time looking at everything available both online and locally. I will use it lots for ereading and wanted an option for around the house that kept it small and comfortable. I am very happy with the Journal case. Too much money for what it is but i'm hoping I can pricematch over the holidays. I work in construction and have an otterbox defender for my Curve and it is amazing protection. I've ordered one for the PB so I can take it to work. I'm also very interested in the new RIM keyboard case. Might pick that one up too. Used PB's will be cheap by this time next year and I would like to setup my kids. I also applied a
    Zagg screen protector. Love the lifetime warranty

I think it is folly to spend good coin on portable electronics but nothing on something to protect them.
    11-26-11 01:17 PM
    I thought I'd interupt the stream of OS2 and price cutting threads and ask the question? I just finished an article on my BlackBerry Switch Project on how and why I carry my PlayBook and was hoping other could share their unique methods or contraptions.

I LOVE the binder I have and find it to be the best of many options and very flexible as well as extremely productive for me. I would like to create a gallery on my blog for this and was hoping I could get some ideas and contributions from the crackberry folks. The picture are not the best, photography is a skill I have to work on, but here's my system.
    Attachment 97625

Attachment 97627

Attachment 97628

Attachment 97629

Attachment 97630
    I carry mine naked, or in a convertible case
    11-26-11 01:26 PM
    I was using the DodoCase...until it damaged the "rubberized" lining of the PB and then switched to a Solo trifold netbook case that worked like a day-planner with room for everything. After a while though I stopped using the Solo case because I found it too bulky to carry around everywhere. I use my PB for work and it goes with me all over the office and outside to meetings and such. Now, I am very satisified with my PB in a CaseMate Barely There case and the OEM zipper sleeve. The memory foam of the sleeve is awesome.
    11-26-11 01:27 PM
    Thanks for all the input, I have been meaning to catch up to this thread but work has been kicking my my **** lately. I'm catching up while I migrate a Domain controller tongiht and will be settled down again soon.

It seems like bulky cases are out, glad I'm not the only one. I like to show mine off and I have a few co-workers hooked in now and it's catching on. We still have some BB users but some of the higher ups are too trendy and HAVE to use iPhones to keep up with their counter parts. LOL
    12-09-11 03:27 AM
    Screen protector, no case.

I did use the neoprene sleeve that every PB comes with in the box, but for my needs, it's to cumbersome to keep it in a case and have to take it out or open it everytime I want to use the thing.

I just carry it around as I am constantly going back and forth between my PB, BB, and whatever it is I'm doing. A convertible case or sleeve or pouch or whatever would just get in the way...

I have considered getting a Case Mate Barely There hard shell for it so I at least have some protection on the back and sides. But in my experience, the rubberized material of the PB is pretty darn durable.

And keep in mind that I do take my PB everywhere I go. It never leaves my side just like my Bold.
    Last edited by jranciano; 12-09-11 at 03:35 AM.
    12-09-11 03:32 AM
    My primary BlackBerry PlayBook is in a Hip Street Leather Executive Case with zipper closure and keep my BlackBerry smartphone in its BlackBerry leather holster. I can carry all my research papers, study materials, etc. and have ready access to my massive website bookmark collection anywhere and anytime. Additionally, all of my email is readily searchable via my BlackBerry Bold 9780. There are two features I would like to have available: multiple PDF documents open as tabs within a single instance of say Adobe Reader, PDF fill-in-the-blanks form capability as well as attaching a digital signature to PDFs.
    12-09-11 03:57 AM
    As much as I like my BB Leather Journal case, my 17 year old daughter does not quite feel the same, "that's geeky, Dad." So I bought her the Incipio Silicrylic Hard Shell Case for $20.00 (50% off) which she likes, and I find quite sturdy, attractive, and does not add that armored truck like bulk/appearance that other cases (Otterbox) add. Anyway, if I was not to use the Journal case, this is the way I would go.

Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, BlackBerry Playbook Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Soft Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Hard Shell Cases, BlackBerry Playbook Protective Covers
    12-09-11 04:25 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD