Not at the PlayBook, but at the events that have taken place involving the PlayBook.

For starters, it was delivered to my house 15 minutes after I left for work @ 4 pm. So I had to work all night knowing my PlayBook was home but I wasn't which was a real bummer for me.

After 9 1/2 hour shift and 45 minute drive home, I FINALLY make it home to play with my PlayBook. I opend it up and turn it on and get ready to start setting it up when it prompts me to upgrade to 2.0 and gives me no other choice. So I do it and my S****Y internet service says it will take 1 hour and 30 minutes to download. So I start the download and go to sleep excited to play with it when I wake up.

I wake up this morning, again, excited to play with my new PlayBook when I see that the OS didn't finish downloading and the internet connection had timed out and my PlayBook will no longer connect to my wifi.

So my PlayBook has sitting at my house and I have not been able to enjoy it yet! I just want to be able to play with it and enjoy its awesomeness and everything around me won't let me.
    03-01-12 12:27 PM
    Looks like you'll have to debrick it and start over: http://crackberry.com/install-latest...-desktop-manag

Good luck; hope you find a Wifi location with decent speed to use for the install!
    Last edited by cletis; 03-01-12 at 12:39 PM.
    03-01-12 12:31 PM
    Looks like you'll have to debrick it and start over: http://crackberry.com/install-latest...-desktop-manag
    Its not bricked, I just have a crap internet service (Time Warner DSL because that's all that's available here) and it wouldn't finish loading.

I'm trying it again though. Its up to 30% now. Fingers crossed it goes through this time.
    03-01-12 12:34 PM
    Its not bricked, I just have a crap internet service (Time Warner DSL because that's all that's available here) and it wouldn't finish loading.

I'm trying it again though. Its up to 30% now. Fingers crossed it goes through this time.
    The given, debrick method allows to handle the update using Desktop Manager.
    In your case, this is higly relevant since I presume your desktop is wired while the PB is wifi.
    Then, your DL times and errors handling should be much better using the DM.
    If your next try is a fail, then ... it worse a try !
    03-01-12 12:38 PM
    If it still fails take it McDonalds or somewhere else with a free hotspot.
    mud314 likes this.
    03-01-12 12:40 PM
    The given, debrick method allows to handle the update using Desktop Manager.
    In your case, this is higly relevant since I presume your desktop is wired while the PB is wifi.
    Then, your DL times and errors handling should be much better using the DM.
    If your next try is a fail, then ... it worse a try !
    Actually, I don't have a desktop, just a laptop and its usually connected through wifi. But I could connect it if needed.
    03-01-12 12:45 PM
    If it still fails take it McDonalds or somewhere else with a free hotspot.
    I was actually going to stop by Starbucks and use theirs but lunch at the O.G. took forever so I didn't have time. Had to get back home so the Mrs could get to work.

If it doesn't work this time then I'll either try the debricked method over DM tomorrow or hit up a local wifi hotspot.

It just really sucks to get something like this and not being able to mess with it at all.
    03-01-12 12:48 PM

Thought that when you said you couldn't connect to your wifi any longer that the install was buggered. Glad you're back on your way. Again, good luck with it completing this time!
    03-01-12 12:54 PM
    I find the wifi @ Chapters is kick . Even sitting out in my car I still get great reception lol.
    03-01-12 01:07 PM
    Thought that when you said you couldn't connect to your wifi any longer that the install was buggered. Glad you're back on your way. Again, good luck with it completing this time!
    Misuderstanding. It was a problem with the router. The software has downloaded and now it is 31% installed. I just jope it works and I have some time to mess with it before I have to go to work.
    03-01-12 01:35 PM
    Go to your local coffee shop, buy a cup of coffee, leave a tip, sit in a comfortable chair and download away.
    03-01-12 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the advise but it is no longer needed.

I just typed this on my PlayBook!
    BuzzStarField and RicThot like this.
    03-01-12 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the advise but it is no longer needed.

I just typed this on my PlayBook!
    Welcome to the familly!
    03-01-12 02:49 PM
    Welcome to the familly!
    +1 you'll love it if you're anything like me
    03-01-12 02:55 PM
    Welcome aboard. I like the determination in your story, glad your up and running with the PlayBook.....now pull up a couch and get comfortable......there's a lot to see here on Crackberry
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-01-12 03:15 PM
    Welcome to the great world of the Playbook. I would recommend a little reading. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/. You will have questions about how the playbook works and these threads will give you a knowledge advantage.
    03-01-12 03:31 PM
    Welcome!
    03-01-12 03:41 PM
    Wish I could sit on the couch and enjoy it, but I have to work.
    03-01-12 04:06 PM
    Did I read correctly that internet browsing over BlackBerry Bridge is no longer allowed by at&t?

I was looking forward to that the most. But it just tells me to set up tethering with my wireless provider.
    03-01-12 04:08 PM
    You will not have to pay for tethering if you delete the bridge app that is on your Playbook and install the OTA version at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pgrade-621230/
    Last edited by Hgouck; 03-01-12 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Wrong link
    poisoned10 likes this.
    03-01-12 04:20 PM
    You will not have to pay for tethering if you delete the bridge app that is on your Playbook and install the OTA version at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...Al82Msas3bE43g
    Awesome!

This will be the first thing I do when I get home!

Thank you!
    03-01-12 04:26 PM
    Awesome!

This will be the first thing I do when I get home!

Thank you!
    Click the link in my post. I changed it due to an error on my part.
    03-01-12 04:30 PM
    Click the link in my post. I changed it due to an error on my part.
    Ok.

So I delete Bridge from my 9900 and then install the OTA listed in your link, correct?
    03-01-12 04:33 PM
    Yes. That is what you do.
    03-01-12 04:47 PM
    Yes. That is what you do.
    Got it!

Thank you so much for pointing me to that thread!
    03-01-12 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD