I don't know many people with blackberries so I hardly use BBM. I was playing around with it today though and noticed there is an option to SMS through BBM (I'm sure old news to all of you). I added a few contacts to BBM through that set up and, yes, they appear on my BBM contact list. Unfortunately my wife is away until Monday night and has my Playbook so I can't see if I can now use BBM to text these people through bridge. Has anyone else tested this? Does it work? If not, anyone willing to give it a try?
    08-27-11 10:04 AM
    I don't believe the SMS contacts will even show while bridged unfortunately, but that would have been a cool way to go about it for sure!
    08-27-11 10:17 AM
    it is a great way of organizing your textn, as you can group contacts. but no just oike BBM group chat you will not see them on your bbm for pb.
    08-27-11 10:24 AM
    Yep. No non-bb sms messages through PB BBM. Would very much like to see this updated.
    08-27-11 11:21 AM
    I can also confirm that it doesnt work. Too bad!
    08-27-11 11:43 AM
    it is because everything that works on the pb is done through the data connection

sms still is transmitted over the same part that you make and recieve phone calls i dont know what its called but it is seperated like that and that is the reason you cant do regular texts on the pb
    08-27-11 07:09 PM
    I am more appalled that someone would allow his wife to take his playbook for the weekend.... I would probably allow someone to take my wife for the weekend before my playbook....

PG
    dfaris, mtint, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    08-27-11 07:13 PM
    I would probably allow someone to take my wife for the weekend before my playbook....

PG
    That's very concerning.
    08-27-11 07:17 PM
    I am more appalled that someone would allow his wife to take his playbook for the weekend.... I would probably allow someone to take my wife for the weekend before my playbook....

PG
    Keep wife away from this forums ...
    08-28-11 02:34 AM
    That's very concerning.
    You don't know my wife....

PG
    08-28-11 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD