For some odd reason my playbook is saying I have a small message. I have went to my 9930 and manually opened all my txt messages. Reboot nothing. Go to playbook check all messages restart nothing. Uninstall bridge from 9930 reboot, nothing.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Sms go away-img_00000037.jpg  
    04-15-13 03:54 AM
    Try turning your bridge off and on. Maybe you can also take a look at your all messages icon on your phone (maybe you selected hide)
    04-15-13 06:06 AM
    You are talking about the "1!" or the Calendar notification? (oh, I see it is not a Calendar (too early and eyes don't focus!). But still try stuff below)

The 1! can be notice of a software update or a notice from an Android app - I get it when it is my turn to play in Words With Friends. If an android notice, you can stop or clear it using some android tools.

Here's ideas I have captured:

Message Notification Notice

This happens occasionally. Not sure why, but it does. To fix it, go into Messages on your PlayBook (while bridged) and see if any of the messages that show in the left hand pane still show a closed envelope (indicating that the message has not been opened). If none are closed, touch the Message Read/Unread icon (looks like an envelope; it's located just to the right of the red flag icon). This will mark the top message Unread. Then touch it again to mark the message Read. That should clear out the notification on the PlayBook.

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.
    On the homescreen, you should see entries for Favorites, SD Card, PB Media, FTP, Windows Share, Applications, and Exit. Tap on "Applications". Then scroll down and tap on "Downloads". Then "Shortcuts", and then "Downloads-Main". From here, delete any entries that appear.
    04-15-13 09:05 AM
    I've got the same problem. It's driving me crazy but turning the bridge off and on doesn't work. May have to uninstall bridge and then reinstall.
    04-15-13 05:10 PM
    I have un installed on phone... about to try on playbook
    04-15-13 05:22 PM
    UNSOLVED

Go to your Berry,
    go to "Text Messages",
    Press "B"
    start selecting one by one ( While Bridge is Running),
    I had some blank ones.
    and select one by one ( dont reply just click it then back key )
    Mine was the 7th message from the bottom.

Hope this helps!

WELL IT WORKED TILL I RESTARTED PLAYBOOK
    Last edited by Optimus-Prime-618; 04-15-13 at 07:42 PM.
    04-15-13 07:23 PM
    Had this problem too with the 9900, the only solution was to reboot the phone, however, the unread sms message icon would appear once again in a few days. Rebooting the playbook didn't change anything, it would only go away once i restarted the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:09 PM