Hello all-
    Forgive the brevity and vagueness of this question, but I wanted to keep things open for all discussion. We are BB fans (of course), and are doing our best to incorporate the BB technology into our small business. We do a lot of our work in the field, and are looking for ideas to utilize our Playbooks and Z10s. Spread sheets, photo documentation, and field communications are our major concerns. How do you use yours?
    05-07-13 09:37 AM
    Our family own various businesses, and it is my mother that does a lot of the communicating between employees, clients, family and between businesses.

She can't imagine using another phone to handle this type of heavy communicating.

Having Docs To Go on BlackBerry is also a life saver. File Manager is great as well.

For my personal business, I find the BlackBerry Remember super useful, as I can send things its way from virtually anywhere in the OS.

When 10.1 arrives, and people can access their desktop and laptop files on BB, it will truly be a god of a device.

Blackberry Faithful
    05-07-13 09:46 AM
    Well my small business is developing apps for BlackBerry 10 and the PlayBook, soooo...
    05-07-13 09:49 AM
    Thank you for the reply! I am having a difficult time using the PB and Z10 together without Bridge. We had a few things figured out with our Bolds, but the Z10 is making it difficult. I hope 10 for the PB will fix that. As of now, the PB has become useless for us. I hope somebody has some ideas...
    05-07-13 09:50 AM
    Well, what exactly were you using the PlayBook specially for?

Blackberry Faithful
    05-07-13 10:02 AM
    Time card and calendar sync, sharing photos, and spreadsheets. the challenge has been communicating with the office from the field with accuracy. I just cant believe that BB doesn't have a solid platform to use instead of Evernote, Google (g-mail), or Yahoo calendar.
    05-07-13 10:34 AM
    tracking equipment with a barcode type system would be BIG too...
    05-07-13 10:37 AM
    I work with Owen3055, we have tried a few apps with QR code readers but none are efficient. I think file grouping and integration across multiple devices (in an orderly manner) would help. We have used Nexus to share files but they are all one by one.

Basically I need to be able to log data, lets say with Docs To Go and then take pictures and have a packet that is viewable on my other devices or on Owens playbook, or his Z10. Or back to the office on a desktop computer.
    05-07-13 10:46 AM
    It would also be nice to group pictures together on the playbook. For instance if I wanted to have an icon that brought up a series of pictures from a job, instead of having to scroll through all of the other pictures I took along the way.
    05-07-13 10:50 AM
    It would also be nice to group pictures together on the playbook. For instance if I wanted to have an icon that brought up a series of pictures from a job, instead of having to scroll through all of the other pictures I took along the way.
    Actually, PICTURES is the ONLY app that supports subfolder hierarchy. If you create subfolders under Photos, they will show up as separate ALBUMS under the Pictures app.
    05-07-13 12:18 PM
    But that has to be done on a computer, correct? I dont see a way to do that with the pictures I have taken with my camera.
    05-07-13 01:17 PM
    Actually, PICTURES is the ONLY app that supports subfolder hierarchy. If you create subfolders under Photos, they will show up as separate ALBUMS under the Pictures app.
    Took me a while to figure out how. Wound up using Ghost Commander to create Albums and put files in. Files and Folders ought to work too. But there ought to be an easier way. Believe you can either attach to a email or send to a cloud.
    05-07-13 01:21 PM
    But that has to be done on a computer, correct? I dont see a way to do that with the pictures I have taken with my camera.
    jpash has answered if you are referring to the pb's camera.

If you mean a separate digital camera, that's different and there are discussions of something called the eye-fi card which can transmit to the pb (with a sideloaded android app)_
    05-07-13 03:33 PM
    We're using a nice little side load app.called Kingston office with Google apps for business. Docs can be kept in the cloud and accessed with this great ms office like suite.
    05-08-13 07:58 AM
    You should try 'my inventories for your bb z10. Uses the camera to scan barcodes and build an inventory database
    05-08-13 08:00 AM
    If you don't mind being connected all the time, you could run an open source ERP package like OpenERP or Adempiere online (either hosted or using your own server) and use the PB to hook up to it through BB Bridge. OpenERP has good modules for project management, sales, inventory, CRM and document management.
    05-08-13 09:04 AM
    Have you looked into Office365?
    05-08-13 09:13 AM
    Im interested.. is it Kingston or Kingsoft office?
    05-08-13 11:47 AM
    Kingsoft Office. It is a very good app and is fully functional on the PB as far as I'm aware. You can DL the bar file here - Kingsoft Office for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Business and Productivity Apps :: Android APP Store � Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps and then sideload it. It is an older version though and I have no idea where to find the newer one, but it works just fine.

Deployment to a large number of devices might be difficult though?
    05-08-13 01:21 PM