Both my/my wife's playbook are getting painfully slow. Last night, as an example, I signed up for an e-purchase at a new site. The navigation through the basic sign-up screen (where you fill in the usual shipping details like address, etc. ) took way too long. Tap on a button, and then we wait - not knowing if the Playbook recognized my tap or not - just wait...and find out if a new screen will eventually be painted onto the screen. I tapped the qty button repeatedly in the hopes of getting a response, only to find that I had placed a qty of 3 in my cart (I wanted only 1). The PB acts as if it is infected with a virus or a worm. Restarting the PB doesn't help. Any ideas, folks?
    Last edited by daytoncapri; 11-27-13 at 11:25 AM. Reason: grammar
    ratz likes this.
    11-27-13 11:22 AM
    Both my/my wife's playbook are getting painfully slow. Last night, as an example, I signed up for an e-purchase at a new site. The navigation through the basic sign-up screen (where you fill in the usual shipping details like address, etc. ) took way too long. Tap on a button, and then we wait - not knowing if the Playbook recognized my tap or not - just wait...and find out if a new screen will eventually be painted onto the screen. I tapped the qty button repeatedly in the hopes of getting a response, only to find that I had placed a qty of 3 in my cart (I wanted only 1). The PB acts as if it is infected with a virus or a worm. Restarting the PB doesn't help. Any ideas, folks?
    it *may* be your connection,,, do all sites act this way??? p.s. there Are no viruses for blackerry, just fyi...
    11-27-13 11:34 AM
    Connection problem imho but I usually wipe my playbooks every 6 months

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-27-13 11:38 AM
    I find the native browser s better with flash switched off...it makes a big difference..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    11-27-13 11:45 AM
    You might try to clear out the cache and such. Also try Origami browser, much better than the OEM/native browser.

c
    11-27-13 12:08 PM
    My Playbook had been somewhat sluggish for a while. I tried something that has helped and I'm not sure if others have used this. Looked at a number of posts and didn't see it mentioned.

Open the Browser Settings area on the Playbook and under Content turn off the Load Images, the Enable Flash, and the Enable JavaScript (my Enable Reader Mode on rotation was already off since I have no idea what its use is). Then restart the Playbook, go back to Browser Settings, turn the three back on.

My Playbook now is a fair bit quicker in everything.

I had earlier been doing a couple of other things in Settings before trying this but I have done them before and never had the Playbook become more responsive so I don't believe they are also necessary. Specifically, I routinely clear Cache, Cookies, and Local Storage in Privacy and Security in Browser settings and I briefly had turned on the Airplane Mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Sluggish Playbook-img_20131157.png  
    nealjane1 likes this.
    12-02-13 05:19 PM
    Pretty much every device I've ever had slows down over the longer term.

Security wipe does fix it - and yes, it's a minor pain restoring everything, but it's worth doing periodically.
    12-03-13 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD