07-06-11 02:11 PM
    no it will not work
    07-06-11 02:16 PM
    Here's hoping so!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 02:17 PM
    no it will not work
    so what is the point of boasting about FULL web experience then????
    07-06-11 02:21 PM
    07-06-11 02:23 PM
    so what is the point of boasting about FULL web experience then????
    lol...its marketing. No mobile platform truly has full web experience.
    07-06-11 02:24 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Facebook page too (please use both!): Skype Petition and Email Campaign | Facebook

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please note that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    01-25-12 11:08 PM
    I am a little late for your mass email but I must add my sentiments to the thread. I bought my BP just 3 months ago and it is now worth half of what I paid for it. I firmly believe that the main reason for this is the lack of Skype for the PB. Most of my friends are now selling their PB's and buying alternative devices, when is Rim going to stop being stubborn and get Skype for the PB, I cannot afford to lose so much money in so short a period of time. Wake up Rim and look at the ammount of sales you are losing. What is the problem??
    02-27-12 02:47 AM
    I am a little late for your mass email but I must add my sentiments to the thread. I bought my BP just 3 months ago and it is now worth half of what I paid for it. I firmly believe that the main reason for this is the lack of Skype for the PB. Most of my friends are now selling their PB's and buying alternative devices, when is Rim going to stop being stubborn and get Skype for the PB, I cannot afford to lose so much money in so short a period of time. Wake up Rim and look at the ammount of sales you are losing. What is the problem??
    RIM is being stubborn by not 'getting' Skype?
    02-27-12 04:01 AM
    RIM is being stubborn by not 'getting' Skype?
    Not so much stubborn as missing a business opportunity. When Microsoft bought Skype it was with a view to making it THE business video conferencing tool. PlayBook is aimed At business. QED.
    02-27-12 04:10 AM
    Not so much stubborn as missing a business opportunity. When Microsoft bought Skype it was with a view to making it THE business video conferencing tool. PlayBook is aimed At business. QED.
    but MS is much much bigger than RIM.. they can afford to gamble $9B
    02-27-12 04:29 AM
    but MS is much much bigger than RIM.. they can afford to gamble $9B
    OK I agree but why not ride on the back of their gamble, rather than hope everyone uses playbook to playbook video. They put in a reasonable MS style docs to go app for the reasons I suggested ie it would have been suicide not to. They put in Exchange sync too, only it doesn't work properly. Suicide not to fix that too.
    02-27-12 04:43 AM
    it would be nice if they make a PC video chat software that can connect to the Playbook video
    02-27-12 05:15 AM
    it would be nice if they make a PC video chat software that can connect to the Playbook video
    This^

If RIM was going to go with thier own video chat program then they should have released a PC/MAC desktop version of the software as well. It was unreasonable for them to expect that everyone that you'd want to video chat with would own a Playbook. And not putting FFCs in thier last batch of phones didn't help much either.

That said, I still think MS will release skype for BB Phones and Tablets. They just released the a beta version for Windows Phone today. That leaves just BlackBerry as the only unsupported platform.
    NursingNinja and bobauckland like this.
    02-27-12 07:53 AM
    If skype is the only reason to own a tablet, then obviously the pb does not serve your needs or those of your friends. There are many other winning features although it is not perfect.
    02-27-12 09:36 AM
    If skype is the only reason to own a tablet, then obviously the pb does not serve your needs or those of your friends. There are many other winning features although it is not perfect.
    This is such a tired and lame bit of reasoning. Obiviously it's not the only reason to own a tablet, however what's the point of having a FFC on the Playbook with a program that can only be used to chat with other Playbooks? Thus the reason for needing a multiplatform video chat program like Skype or Tango.
    02-27-12 09:48 AM
    Why most of your friends (including yourself), who owned PB, did not try video chat when Skype is not available?
    02-27-12 10:07 AM
    Why most of your friends (including yourself), who owned PB, did not try video chat when Skype is not available?
    Probably because most of thier other friends don't have playbooks and they can't video chat with them.

I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here. RIM should have atleast released a PC/MAC desktop version of thier video chat software.
    dukevn likes this.
    02-27-12 10:13 AM
    Probably because most of thier other friends don't have playbooks and they can't video chat with them.

I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here. RIM should have atleast released a PC/MAC desktop version of thier video chat software.
    Second that. If there is one, that would be excellent!
    02-27-12 10:31 AM
    maybe next year
    02-27-12 10:32 AM
    Aww. Skype just launched a beta version to Windows phone. No wonder why we're being neglected. Windows phone is their current platform of priority. You have to wait for some time after the April launch before they will consider developing to our platform.
    Last edited by peter_betos; 02-27-12 at 10:43 AM.
    02-27-12 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD