hehe i did that too. skype is great asnit is used from the most people. if you have the time and the right person to call of course there are alternatives but it still is the best.
    01-09-12 08:40 PM
    What are you waiting for???

Search - Skype Support Network
    bitek likes this.
    01-09-12 08:46 PM
    I concur that it will speed things up if we can demonstrate a number of PB users who want it on our platform. I will send in a request.

Please note that I do not want an IM program or a video chat program. I want to be able to place an audio telephone call over skype from another country back to the US. This is what Skype does better than virtually anyone else. IM programs are a dime a dozen, and video chat services almost the same. But if they do not connect to the PSTN or Cellular networks in the US...well, I want Skype.

I might have been able to simply use the Skype on my phone via wi-fi, and that would have solved the problem. However, Verizon set the Skype app to use a data network, which means I cannot make Skype calls back to the US with incurring massive roaming charges in whatever country I am in.
    01-09-12 09:37 PM
    She was just copying and pasting, the fact that she added that extra line doesn't mean anything, and you certainly can't assume that it is in development for the PlayBook.
    you might be correct and i might be wrong but i think skype is coming

1. skype is owned by microsoft and bing is default pb browser
    2. playbook firesale moved a lot of the tablets to public hands
    3. skype is available on pretty much all platforms
    4. 2.0 development aka rim strong support for pb
    5. skype support team is tired of emails from pb owners so keep sending them
    01-09-12 09:40 PM
    i would like to have skype for the playbook, video chat and all. I am the only person I know with a playbook, and i like to video chat with friends. unfortunately I cant do it without skype.
    01-09-12 09:44 PM
    i would like to have skype for the playbook, video chat and all. I am the only person I know with a playbook, and i like to video chat with friends. unfortunately I cant do it without skype.
    Then go post on their forums. Links in right here in this thread...
    01-09-12 10:03 PM
    you might be correct and i might be wrong but i think skype is coming

1. skype is owned by microsoft and bing is default pb browser
    2. playbook firesale moved a lot of the tablets to public hands
    3. skype is available on pretty much all platforms
    4. 2.0 development aka rim strong support for pb
    5. skype support team is tired of emails from pb owners so keep sending them
    Sure, and I hope it comes soon, as well, all I'm saying is don't look too much into a lower level employee's non-individualized response
    01-10-12 12:25 AM
    RIM have might not mentioned the Skype app yesterday for many reasons, but I'm getting my hopes on that RIM might want to "surprise" us when we find Skype for PlayBook in App World, by February.
    mohamedmamdouh likes this.
    01-10-12 07:25 AM
    Backberry Playbook . Archive (373) . Feature Request . Forum . SugarSync Community

See? Moved to request by SugarSync mod. Now dev there will consider building the app. If 10% of CB users jump in, they will haveno excuse but to code.

Same goes for Skype. Get. To. The. Forums.
    01-10-12 09:20 AM
    I know others have commented on this before but, one time I went to the Blackberry website on my Playbook and saw the following picture (Note the Skype App). Sorry for the poor quality pic, i forgot about the screen cap option.

01-10-12 09:27 AM
    I know others have commented on this before but, one time I went to the Blackberry website on my Playbook and saw the following picture (Note the Skype App). Sorry for the poor quality pic, i forgot about the screen cap option.

Click to view quoted image
    yes, note it's right next to "Live Messenger" - another non-existent app. What you captured was blatant false advertising by RIM. There are many threads that discuss this topic.

Why another one?
    01-10-12 09:30 AM
    Doc Neutron predicts: it will be on our PBs, soon. Shoot, it has camera, microphone, speakers...ought to be able to make it work on PB post haste. OR: USB to a computer with SkyPe already installed...

My 9850 SkyPe works fine. Doc Neutron
    01-10-12 09:49 AM
    Tango is a cross platform video chat. They have a request section and it clearly mentions the bb tango status. i am unsure how it compares with services such as skype but i have it on my android phone, windows pc, ipods, ipad and my brother uses it on his iphone. i am not in a good position to provide better info but if you search on tango on blackberry you can find a place to make your voice heard. it also lets you leave video messages if they do not answer.
    installed Tango on rooted PB, but it won't launch. Any trick to it?
    01-10-12 07:17 PM
    devs need to stop the apple fanboyism and start deving for Blackberry. Android only gets the apps it does because of it beimg the #1 smartphone right now, Android would likely be in the same position as BB if it wasnt selling good. Well there wp7 too which has more apps than the appworld for both bb and pb devices combined despite a terrible marketshare, wp7 actually has LESS marketshare than Windows Mobile still to this day, but the app market is extremely healthy, surely app developers cant be seeing good returns on there.
    01-10-12 08:48 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD