Well since microsoft is buying skype and bing will become the native browser on bb's i dont see how skype will not come to the pb. But let me get this off my chest and I will continue to shout this everyday. I purchased the playbook last week and I am impressed with the total package. Whatis so funny is that a majority of the public do not see that the pb is the far superior product. Mosrt apple users are in tranced with angry birds and face time and do not releaize that apple preys on gimmicks. Android well yes they have a grood product but its just too many versions and with small changes. Plus android is the OS ppl still think android makes the phones. A majority of their phones are cheap toys. BB has been battle tested from day one time and time again. They will soon be back in a position to call the shots. However true consumers of bb products are a different kind of phone user and a different kind of consumer. Companies need to wake up and get back on board because they will suffer. Critics can say what they want but bb has been around and will stick around the pb is a awesome piece of equipment and a must for every bb owner. As bb fans we must constantly encourage RIM and developers to advance the product base. How do we do this? join beta groups and beta zone test programs and apps email companies and ask for bb and playbook versions. join RIm surveys and continue to have discussions about what the consumer needs from RIM. We are their best chance for growth and improvement... Sorry for the rant I just find it funny how Itoy users think apple is so in the future
    05-10-11 11:48 AM
    As an iPad user that is tempted with the playbook, this adds more resistance to making the switch. I think this may actually be the first solid evidence that there is an iPad optimized version of Skype. I follow tech news a lot and this is the first I heard of it. Perhaps you should email some tech blogs?
    05-10-11 12:48 PM
    Well since microsoft is buying skype and bing will become the native browser on bb's
    Bing is a search engine not a browser... I doubt we will ever have IE on blackberries especially since webkit browser is pretty fast just needs some more fine tuning
    05-10-11 09:09 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please know that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    01-25-12 08:33 PM
    Hi, I am organizing a mass email campaign, that on February 1st, we will all email the Skype CEO and the Skype Vice President, with the subject line "Skype for the Blackberry Playbook". Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...itment-691875/

Please leave your negativity at the door. Post on the thread if you intend to take part, and feel free to read the longer explanation and use the basic email provided rather than composing your own, if that is easier for you. Only post if you're with us, we do not need any posts telling us it is a moronic endeavor.

Please know that I am not attempting to spam, but only posting on threads where it seems appropriate, and like the users monitoring said thread may be interested.
    I doubt this will have any effect, but I am in.
    01-25-12 08:51 PM
    I am in as well.
    01-25-12 09:03 PM
    Im in too.
    01-25-12 09:35 PM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD