Skype may come to Z10 as stated
    But I did not hear anything anymore about Skype on our PB with a WIFI connection,

So what will it be BB? too many open questions:
    Bridge BB7 Phone to PB OS2.0
    Bridge Z10 Phone to PB OS 2.0
    Bridge BB7 Phone to PB OS10
    Bridge Z10 Phone to PB OS 10

will my PB OS2 be able to bridge with Z10 or Q10

can I keep my BB Phone OS7 and bridge it with a PB 10 ? so can cruise the internet

The only reason I bought my PB on August 2011 is because of the Bridge function

BB is so quiet on it

xindy and riaanptrs like this.
    03-21-13 11:05 AM
    I'm curious about the Bridge and Z10 too. Anyone with a PB and Z10 use Bridge to browse on PB?
    03-21-13 11:14 AM
    Skype may come to Z10 as stated
    But I did not hear anything anymore about Skype on our PB with a WIFI connection,

So what will it be BB? too many open questions:
    Bridge BB7 Phone to PB OS2.0
    Bridge Z10 Phone to PB OS 2.0
    Bridge BB7 Phone to PB OS10
    Bridge Z10 Phone to PB OS 10

will my PB OS2 be able to bridge with Z10 or Q10

can I keep my BB Phone OS7 and bridge it with a PB 10 ? so can cruise the internet

The only reason I bought my PB on August 2011 is because of the Bridge function

BB is so quiet on it

Gee, thanks for giving me a headache with all the open questions. It's just what I needed on a spring day in Louisville, KY where the temperature is a Canadian frigid 28 degrees F when last year on this date it was over 80 degrees!
    hreiner1 likes this.
    03-21-13 11:47 AM
    Agreed op, my guess is that they don't even know what they want to do with the PlayBook yet. Too quiet...way to quiet.

I very much doubt that when Skype launches for the Z10 that there will be a Playbook version as well.
    03-21-13 12:43 PM
    Agreed op, my guess is that they don't even know what they want to do with the PlayBook yet. Too quiet...way to quiet.

I very much doubt that when Skype launches for the Z10 that there will be a Playbook version as well.
    Anyone want to do a port over if Z10 gets it and PB don't?
    03-21-13 01:07 PM
    I'm curious about the Bridge and Z10 too. Anyone with a PB and Z10 use Bridge to browse on PB?
    Yep, this response to your post is on my PlayBook bridged to my z10
    03-21-13 06:00 PM
    Funny that if this were android for instance, the tablet would have been superceded by at least 3 other models all of which would be stuck with no upgrade path. Nice that BB has tried to get bb18 to us pb owners but you must admit we are not mjch of a priority now so we will get what we get, when we get it.
    03-21-13 06:07 PM
    Yep, this response to your post is on my PlayBook bridged to my z10
    great, can you use the the bridge for email, contacts, calendar, notes, memopad, bridge to the browser, BBM
    kindly advise
    thank you
    03-22-13 11:07 AM
    I doubt that there will be Skype for PB until it gets BB10, then ill finally be able to bridge my Z10 properly to my PB. Come on BBRY, give us a PB update sooner rather than lately!...Please
    03-22-13 11:18 AM
    Reading the threads, it looks as though Skype will be part of the BB10 offerings. Also, I have just had an answer in a thread from another Blackberry forum, that a full 3d gps app for the Playbook will be available when BB10 update is released. It is called 'Mireo Don't Panic' http://www.mireo.hr/en/. Things are definitely looking up.

Ross
    03-22-13 12:40 PM
    03-22-13 01:21 PM
    great, can you use the the bridge for email, contacts, calendar, notes, memopad, bridge to the browser, BBM
    kindly advise
    thank you
    Absolutely not. Just Internet access for now
    hreiner1 likes this.
    03-24-13 03:12 AM
    i think what worries me in general with BB10 on the Playbook is that although it will open up some of the latest apps for it, what will we lose? We may gain, for example skype, but specifically:

1) will it break any number of android apps that already exist (2.1 broke the skype beta android )
    2) will we lose the kind of bridge functionality we have currently even if still using a BBOS 7 phone

Answers don't really exist, only opinions I guess, but I have to say with their track record, RIM/Blackberries unqualified talk of bringing BB10 at some unspecified future date to the playbook will only be believed by me the day I see the notification on my Playbook.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-13 07:56 AM
    Frankly I will not give up my T mobile BB 9780 bridged with my PB 64g
    I travel internationally and BB has their own network, I can get my emails for $20 for 30 days, 2 weeks for $10
    I usually forward all my calls to my Vonage number, which sends me a email and voice-email with the message, and than call back from my BB phone using WIFI and UMA, using only my minutes from my plan

International data roaming on a Z10, which you need to get your email, is very expensive, I hear horror stories from my friends who come back from a foreign trips and get a $500 invoice from their carrier. This is separate from the voice-call charges
    Z10 does not use the BB network anymore

And I use local SIM cards in most countries I visit using an old unlocked BB 8230, which allows me texting
    plus i use Comwave in case of emergency to make international calls

So I am really not so hot to upgrade until the fog and smoke clears
    03-27-13 09:12 PM