I live in the UK and have a subscription to Sky TV. This also comes with a free to use app called Sky Go, which enables you to stream live tv, sports and moves etc.
    This can be used either from your desktop/laptop using the website or on Android and Apple with an downloadable app.

Questions

�Does anybody know if we are likely to see this app in the future?

�Is there a version out there I can side load? If so can I have a link to download please?

�As I mentioned you can use the web site so is there any way to get this working on the Playbook, as every time I�ve tried I just get an error saying unavailable with this device.

Any help/info on this guys would be great.

Love my playbook and this would just be the icing on the cake if I can get this to work.
    05-10-12 04:12 AM
    I'm looking to invest in a Playbook shortly, and a Sky Go app would be great.

The reason that the website won't work is due to the fact that it uses Microsoft Silverlight, not flash to run. (as far as I know).

There may be a chance that a side loaded version of the Android app might work. Otherwise, why not contact Sky directly and see what the view is in terms of a Playbook app?
    Gooner26 likes this.
    05-10-12 04:25 AM
    I think that, for the moment certainly, there won't be access.

Mainly because the Sky website and SkyGo streaming contect use SilverLight, a plugin not available on the playbook. It's hard enough to get working on a laptop (tried to stream Liverpool/Wigan when my girlfriend was watching her stuff on the skybox, and had all sorts of setup probs. Then the game happened, which as a Liverpool fan was even worse!)

I'm not sure if the sideloadable Android app would work for the same reason.

Sorry to come back with bad news.

Barljo
    Gooner26 likes this.
    05-10-12 04:27 AM
    That was kind of the answers I was expecting but just nice to know a bit more about it. Thanks guys, if you do find a workaround etc let me know
    05-10-12 04:52 AM
    Sky are generally quite good when it comes to providing customers with alternative ways to view their content... although they put lots of work into their iPad and iPhone apps before moving forward with any other platforms.

I'd suggest that contacting Sky Customer Services, asking if they are planning on making their apps available on other platforms.

With the Cascades API released last week for BB10, it could be now that Sky decides to make a good looking app... well we can always hope

Si.
    05-10-12 06:20 AM
    How does it work on the Apple devices though as it's Silverlight? There must be an html5/some other stream we could access, no?
    05-10-12 07:45 AM
    Sign the petition to get Sky to make a application for Blackberry.

Petition | Sky Television: Make a application for Blackberry users for Sky Go. | Change.org.
    09-21-12 02:09 PM
    Sky told me there's no plans to support the pb
    09-21-12 04:21 PM
    If Sky TV is Internet based the browser should do you just fine without an app
    09-21-12 04:46 PM
    How does it work on the Apple devices though as it's Silverlight? There must be an html5/some other stream we could access, no?
    Apple devices have dedicated apps.
    09-21-12 04:51 PM
    If Sky TV is Internet based the browser should do you just fine without an app
    As a previous poster has said; Sky's browser based version of Sky GO is built using Silverlight, which the PlayBook doesn't support.
    09-22-12 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD