Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sirius Satellite Radio

As anyone tried to run the live feed from sirius satellite radio? I can get the page up, log-in and press all the buttons but no sound. Other radio stations work perfectly that I have tried, just seems to be an issue with sirius.
    CrackBerry Genius

I use it often. Works over bridge as well.
    In the player try changing channels. It's the little square box on the top left. Click it and enter 31(coffee house)Takes a few seconds before it starts to play.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Do you get the same player I am via the website. Please see the attached screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sirius Satellite Radio-img_00000118.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius

No. If I remember correctly, that was two players ago.
    This is the current player.

Maybe try to clear your browser. The player before this one works too. Next to your login box there is a place to click previous player.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sirius Satellite Radio-img_00000107.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Chaddface, I see the difference. I am using the Canadian site and you are on the USA site. As my membership is CDN I don't think I have access to the new player that you have. I am going to ruffle some feathers at Sirius.
    CrackBerry User

I'm in the same situation and have expressed my request of Sirius Canada that they release a Playbook app. In the meantime, if you side load the Android app it does work.
    Thanked by:
    pinkert11 (05-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Do you have the option for a different player? Right side of the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sirius Satellite Radio-img_00000108.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by deswayze View Post
    I'm in the same situation and have expressed my request of Sirius Canada that they release a Playbook app. In the meantime, if you side load the Android app it does work.
    Sirius stopped supporting BB after OS5. I doubt they are in a hurry for PB. I have expressed my displeasure with them only to get a form letter reply.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkert11 View Post
    Chaddface, I see the difference. I am using the Canadian site and you are on the USA site. As my membership is CDN I don't think I have access to the new player that you have. I am going to ruffle some feathers at Sirius.
    The current player for SIRIUS Canada is the Windows Media Player version. The US SiriusXM player is 100% flash, ergo it works on the PlayBook and the Canadian one does not.

Quote Originally Posted by deswayze View Post
    This works well. It's ugly, but it works for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    Do you have the option for a different player? Right side of the screen.
    Again, there are differences between the US and Canadian player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    Sirius stopped supporting BB after OS5. I doubt they are in a hurry for PB. I have expressed my displeasure with them only to get a form letter reply.
    Support is on its way for PlayBook and BB10. Give it time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by wxmancanada View Post
    You seem knowledgeable so I will take your word for it. Fortunately for US subscribers the player will work on the PB. The lack of support for BB phones is frustrating. Especially after the recent advertisements claiming they have apps for iphone, android and blackberry. It seems the language has changed in those ads to just "smartphones".
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by wxmancanada View Post
    I've been on the phone with India(SiriusXM Tech Support) several times regarding issues with the app for BB. According to them, SiriusXM will no longer be supporting Blackberry devices, Playbook or otherwise. Nor do they intend to. Pretty sure this a cost cutting move on the part of SiriusXM so don't get hopes up that they'll change their mind.
    Common sense is a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredikyle View Post
    I've been on the phone with India(SiriusXM Tech Support) several times regarding issues with the app for BB. According to them, SiriusXM will no longer be supporting Blackberry devices, Playbook or otherwise. Nor do they intend to. Pretty sure this a cost cutting move on the part of SiriusXM so don't get hopes up that they'll change their mind.
    Yeah - sorry to say but that's not the best source of information.

OS 6 and 7 were not supported as the cost of rebuilding for every single new platform was getting to be a bit pricey. With BB10 covering multiple devices, it's easier to write one application that covers multiple devices. Support will be coming. That's all I can say.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,277 Global Posts

Anyone like the new layout of Sirius on the PlayBook? ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sirius Satellite Radio-uploadfromtaptalk1363869726133.jpg  
    BLACKBERRY!! We go where you go!

BBM#71
    CrackBerry User

IMO Sirius is a joke, I renewed my membership in August with free online streaming and a few months back they took it away saying it is a paid option now. They offered to give it back for the remainder of my contract but they want a new credit card on file. I told them I would give them my new credit card number when my contract is up if I wanted to continue with the service. They said no online unless I give them the new CC number. So basically they have lost another customer after my contract ends. With all the free media streaming service available now I think this is a huge mistake on their behalf. The main reason I had Sirius was for Howard Stern but I have now found a way to listen to him live without Sirius.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bunky1971 View Post
    Anyone like the new layout of Sirius on the PlayBook? ?
    I only listen to 10 or so stations and know the channel numbers so I don't use all the extras. I like the rewind function though.

I wish they had a lite version of the player. I'm assuming it would make it function better/faster.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,277 Global Posts

Sirius is streaming well on the Z10
    Sirius Satellite Radio-img_00000004.png

Posted via CB10
    BLACKBERRY!! We go where you go!

BBM#71
    Thanked by:
    Chaddface (03-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

How about now that the site requires a new version of flash? Does the website still work on the Z10?