ever since i uploaded os 2.0 onto my playbook my wifi is on the fritz, it will work for a few min than i will have to turn off wifi and turn back on and reconnect. its really annoying and almost makes me want to change back. does anyone have the same issue or any ideas on how to fix it????
    12-11-11 12:16 PM
    Have you done a security wipe before updating to os2?
    12-11-11 12:36 PM
    yes i did which also made me loose my hotmail app which was unfortunate
    12-11-11 12:42 PM
    When you play with beta software the probability of problems is significantly greater than zero. Blame thyself, not the tablet.
    12-11-11 07:36 PM
    Funny I just went back to official from the beta and I found wifi a little better on the beta. Though I have no trouble with it on the official either, just the signal strength isn't quite as strong.

Edit: You can try to set your router to g only or change the security on it. Some have had to do that but I have not.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-11-11 at 09:07 PM. Reason: add
    12-11-11 09:04 PM
    I've seen this when using my Playbook with weaker wifi signals, like in a hotel or in my office. The weaker, the more frequent the drops.

When I use my playbook at home where I have a good, strong signal, I don't have an issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-11-11 09:06 PM
    I couldn't get WiFi to work at all in 2.0, even at home where I have a goid signal for everything else (including the PB with an official OS). I messed with it for a few days and then downgraded. I did like what I saw in there, but now I'll just wait til it's ready for prime time.
    12-11-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD